Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Recent posts

Arkansas groups rally against new ID policy deeming it "not necessary"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/arkansas-groups-rally-against-new-id-policy-deeming-it-not-necessary/ar-BB1kB2UZ?ocid=windirect&cvid=291c1bdcd0e04bdf9ac8902f54bd4a01&ei=5

Story by Brenda Lepenski (27 March 2024)

Central Arkansas Pride, along with other LGBTQIA+ organizations, allies, and legislators gathered at the state capitol to rally against the state's new driver's license policy.

The revised policy effective March 12th required Arkansas ID holders to use the gender listed on their birth certificate and eliminated the option to choose 'X' as a nonbinary gender marker.

Morgan Erby-Taylor, a transwoman said this new policy change was "not necessary".

"Fourteen years it's been on the books that a person could self-identify their gender and then, because Governor Sanders decides that she wants to pander to her ultra-conservative base, she decides to change it," Erby-Taylor said. "There was no need for that."

"I'm a health care worker, I moderate a support group. I'm a parent, a grandparent, a US Army veteran," Erby-Taylor said. "You know, we're no threat to the community, if anything we add to the community."

"It's going to create anxiety, [and] it's going to create stress that might create negative health outcomes," Johnson said. "What it also does is the other person that's verifying the ID, [are] also put in an interesting situation, because they now have to ask questions, 'Why doesn't this match?' and that might ultimately present certain safety issues."

LGBTQ Americans Say They Are Facing 'National State of Emergency': Survey

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lgbtq-americans-say-they-are-facing-national-state-of-emergency-survey/ar-BB1kGPNv?ocid=windirect&cvid=b57b7d78fff54bd8b40eef6108ee9749&ei=40

Story by Tim Teeman (28 March 2024)

Over two thirds—70 percent—of LGBTQ+ adults, including 85 percent of transgender adults, say that LGBTQ+ Americans are facing "a national state of emergency," according to a new survey.

Ahead of the annual International Transgender Day of Visibility (TDOV) on March 31, Data for Progress conducted a survey of 873 LGBTQ+ adults across the country, including an oversample of transgender adults, to examine the gravity and collective impact of recent anti-LGBTQ+ policies and rhetoric.

"What we found is alarming," Data for Progress reported. "A worse quality of life and mental health, experiences of discrimination and harassment, and difficulties accessing health care."

A majority of LGBTQ+ adults (53 percent)—including 79 percent of transgender adults and 65 percent of LGBTQ+ adults, ages 18 to 24—said that recent anti-LGBTQ+ policies and rhetoric have negatively impacted their mental health. Sixty-five percent of transgender adults said quality of life had gotten worse for LGBTQ+ Americans in the past year. Forty-four percent of transgender adults said that they have considered moving or already moved out of their community or state as a result of anti-LGBTQ+ legislation. Sixty-one percent of trans adults had heard anti-trans remarks from a family, friend, co-worker, or neighbor.

Member Blogs / Re: Jenn's Journey, Part 2
Last post by Jenn104 - Today at 08:17:24 AM
I should not try this one from my phone but here goes anyway.

I sent my good wig out for a wash and styling. The wig lady (her official nickname. all my providers have nicknames) crushed it. Really crushed it. A good cis female friend at work noticed. I told her it's amazing, I think I am feeling pretty for umm like maybe the first time ever.

ever.

a very good moment in transition.

Jenn
Member Blogs / Re: Faith's Progress 2.0
Last post by Faith - Today at 07:31:01 AM
I have submitted all requisite & signed papers to GrS Montréal. The response was semi-positive. The papers were accepted, 6-9 months to validate and process 😱  Time to wait ... again ... some more .. *sigh*
Member Blogs / Re: Sara's Wild Ride (Part II)
Last post by Jenn104 - Today at 07:13:52 AM
Quote from: Oldandcreaky on Yesterday at 08:15:49 AMGood news, Sara. Thanks for the update. As far as appearance, ten women will have ten different vulvas. There is no standard vulva.

Everyone is unique... and it's called art. Fun link given to me by a plastic surgeon.

Jenn

https://www.thegreatwallofvulva.com/
Nonbinary people have hormone therapy and surgery more often than you might think

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/nonbinary-people-have-hormone-therapy-and-surgery-more-often-than-you-might-think/ar-BB1kzzY7?ocid=windirect&cvid=794f5babcefe4e05af9db2d3b26dc845&ei=19

Story by Dr Sav Zwickl, Tomi Ruggles, Associate Professor Ada Cheung (27 March 2024)

Nonbinary is a broad umbrella term for people who have a gender that does not fit exclusively into the woman/man gender binary.

About 2% to 4.6% of the population is nonbinary.

Within the Australian trans and gender-diverse community, survey respondents were split approximately one-third trans women, one-third trans men and one-third nonbinary.

They may affirm their nonbinary gender in different ways, including social affirmation like changing clothing, name and pronouns, and legal affirmation, like changing their legal name and/or gender.

Although the Australian Government has recognized nonbinary genders for more than a decade (with an "X" gender or sex marker), nonbinary people continue to face barriers to legal recognition in some states and territories.

Just as nonbinary people are diverse in how they socially and legally affirm their gender, so too are the ways that they may or may not medically affirm their gender.

There is a common misconception that nonbinary people rarely, if ever, pursue medical gender affirmation—that is, gender affirming hormone therapy and/or gender affirming surgery.

However, as research in International Journal of Transgender Health shows, a growing number of nonbinary people have or want to affirm their gender medically...

Biden Title IX rules on trans athletes set for election-year delay

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-title-ix-rules-on-trans-athletes-set-for-election-year-delay/ar-BB1kGeKN?ocid=windirect&cvid=815ce404de124ae186dcee16d731ede9&ei=32

Story by Laura Meckler (28 March 2024)

The Biden administration is preparing to finalize sweeping rules in coming weeks governing how sex discrimination is addressed in schools, including new protections for transgender students. But officials plan to put off a companion regulation outlining the rights of trans athletes, according to people familiar with administration planning.

Athletics is among the thorniest issues confronting supporters of transgender rights, including those in the Biden administration. Polling shows that clear majorities of Americans, including a sizable slice of Democrats, oppose allowing transgender athletes to compete on girls' and women's teams. Twenty-five states have statewide bans on their participation, with proponents arguing that trans women have a biological advantage over other participants.

The Biden administration's proposed regulation, published in April 2023, took a nuanced approach. It would outlaw blanket state bans but gives schools a road map for how they can bar transgender girls from competing in certain circumstances, particularly in competitive sports.

"The Biden-Harris Administration is committed to ensuring all students are guaranteed an educational environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex," the department official said.

The sports regulation is part of a wide-ranging rulemaking underway on schools' obligations under Title IX, which bans discrimination on the basis of sex in colleges, universities and K-12 schools that receive federal funding.
Fun and Games / Re: Single Word Association Ga...
Last post by davina61 - Today at 04:11:22 AM
bile
Fun and Games / Re: Two Word Association Game ...
Last post by davina61 - Today at 04:10:03 AM
sum   some
Member Blogs / Re: Allie's Blog IV: Revenge o...
Last post by imallie - Today at 01:42:09 AM
My wife applauded my self-restraint on this one today:

One of my sisters sent along a note in our siblings text chain - my pregnant niece (her daughter) would be posting a video for us soon. Or as she put it "There will be a big family gender reveal next month!"

To which I said to my wife... Yeah, maybe one more than they think, you know?

We both had a good chuckle about that one... and I do hope that's the kind of thing I can remember to tell them all about after the fact.