Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hypermasculinization of pre-transition transgender women

Started by sysm29, December 29, 2011, 01:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sysm29

Before you could be your feminine self, did you try to be the most macho guy ever? 

These is a list of masculine roles that many transgender women had before they decided to be honest with themselves:

- Military - Marines, air force
- Muscle - bodybuilders, wrestlers, weightlifters
- Autoguys - Mechanics, race car drivers, dirt bike riders, truck drivers
- Sports - a lot of Football players
- Blue collar country boys- hunters, fishermen

Some of these are crossdressers, some in the middle, some not sure, and some transitioned completely and had SRS.

I think it's fascinating how these macho, masculine guys become these feminine, elegant women.  I've seen it with my own eyes at conventions and conferences.  It's just amazing to see the transformation.
  •  

MsDazzler

Meh, I was never hypermasculine... like Masha and I discussed in the other threads, we were gay men prior to transitioning and had femme interests already. I believe those qualities were advantageous to assisting our passing better, as we already were familiar with makeup, how to dress and behave, etc, etc. And helped cut down on the time learning how to behave like a female. lol
  •  

Joeyboo~ :3

•  

madirocks

Quote from: sysm29 on December 29, 2011, 01:27:52 PM
Before you could be your feminine self, did you try to be the most macho guy ever? 

These is a list of masculine roles that many transgender women had before they decided to be honest with themselves:

- Military - Marines, air force
- Muscle - bodybuilders, wrestlers, weightlifters
- Autoguys - Mechanics, race car drivers, dirt bike riders, truck drivers
- Sports - a lot of Football players
- Blue collar country boys- hunters, fishermen

Some of these are crossdressers, some in the middle, some not sure, and some transitioned completely and had SRS.

I think it's fascinating how these macho, masculine guys become these feminine, elegant women.  I've seen it with my own eyes at conventions and conferences.  It's just amazing to see the transformation.

Oh hai! I did all of that. Yep.

Truth is, most of us like that only do it to try and prove to ourselves and everyone else that we can be masculine... Well, that never worked for me. I can't be something I'm not. I really know quite a bit about fashion, etiquette, etc., but I just never really informed anyone of my interests in it, except for my brother. In reality, I spent more time researching my "true" interests than my "faux" ones.

BUT, I actually do enjoy cars and motorbikes!!

http://www.girlracer.co.uk/ and http://www.offroadvixens.com/ (I have one of their stickers on my truck :)).
  •  

Sweet Blue Girl

I love cars ( I am a huge F1 fun and soon I will start karting in the free time I hope ), and well I guess something fits or not. Nothing is masculine or femminine, it all depends by your perception of it, if it suits you or not. Of course people, as me , as many, tried to suppress their real feelings, I did this doing many things I would never do, just because I tought they were manly. But now I do just things I want, and if they're feminine then it's ok, if someone else consider them manly good for them.
Onestly my real problem is not anymore exxagerating manly aspects, but finally do fem things I always loved and I am not allowed by social rules.
Life is always acting. Before it was acting as my opposite. Now I would like to act a bit as me
  •  

Carolina1983

Hmm.

I have been in the military (flew fighter jets).

I have lifted weights.

Tried to be macho but I was terrible at that.

I have really struggled to be the man everybody wants me to be. Now I am done trying!

However I still like flying and will continue with that, but I am not into fighters anymore.. Flying airliners it much better and less stressing, and there is alot of girls there too.

•  

Joeyboo~ :3

Quote from: MsDazzler on December 29, 2011, 02:23:53 PM
Oooo am I seeing double?!?!

Oh that's just my twin.

I love them, too bad for what happened to mom though.
So much sexyness trying to come out of one vagina, she couldnt take it.
She exploded and thus we were born with little rainbows shining down on us.

-bows-
  •  

Dani0621

I joined the military, but I don't feel that I would say it was because of hypermasculinization that I joined so much out of a natural sense of duty and service.  If I could stay in, and the culture wasn't so openly anti-LGBT, I would.  If I was born biologically female, I likely would have still joined.

I never felt a desire to be super masculine, outside of the usual alpha male chest beating that is often necessary to survive in a male-centric military environment (if you aren't willing to thump your chest a few times and push back, it just invites further mockery).  There is the possibility that my heavy desire to try and join the combat arms and go to war may stem from, if not hypermascunity, from a need to find purpose and a place in life.  "War is a force that gives us meaning" as war correspondent Christ Hedges says.  I do have far less desire to seek out a war the more I accept myself.

Keaira

I joined the RAF. As a Propulsion Mechanic no less. What could be more manly than fixing jet engines? so much power in such a phallic shape. spewing fire from the end. It's manhood canned!

But I wasn't macho. Heck on one base, we had an inter-departmental netball contest. Guess who wore the netball skirt? :P
  •  

lonely girl

•  

Joelene9

I was quite thin and didn't try to be macho.  I joined the Navy, but that's the only 'macho' job I had.  Even though I was thin, I still manage to function in the Navy, even when I was put on Shore Patrol while my ship was in port.  I've seen a lot here on Susan's about Army ranger types and even a quarterback transisioning! 
  Joelene
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: sysm29 on December 29, 2011, 01:27:52 PM

You must be joking! the thought of it turned my stomach!
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: MsDazzler on December 29, 2011, 01:44:55 PM
Meh, I was never hypermasculine... like Masha and I discussed in the other threads, we were gay men prior to transitioning and had femme interests already. I believe those qualities were advantageous to assisting our passing better, as we already were familiar with makeup, how to dress and behave, etc, etc. And helped cut down on the time learning how to behave like a female. lol

Not to mention because being a gay man automatically means having honest female friends. If it wasn't for my gg friends, I don't know where I'd be. Older transwomen don't usually know much about fashion or presentation. How I feel is irrelevant if I look like crap.

Anyways...this was me in 2007:

No one ever described me as masculine. But I had interest in both...fashion, military stuff, makeup, drag queens, etc

•  

catherine - remy

I work in the car trade, I never really planned to, or wanted to but it was the family firm. I am not really built for it so proved amazingly bad at fixing them, but far more sucsessful at selling bits of them and calming angry customers when they go berzeck when I have to tell them there lovely car is very broken.

I've no idea if the others there know im trans or not, I wear heavy duty clothing as its always freezing cold and very dirty in the shop, but like to think my nail varnish hints at it, and have turned up when the alarm has gone off in full female mode with out any one really saying anything or caring, so I've no idea. I quite like the position I've made for myself, and no other form of income unless my paintings sell so I'm quite happy there for the moment.
Somewhere in the world
  •  

Keaira

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on December 29, 2011, 04:43:15 PM
Not to mention because being a gay man automatically means having honest female friends. If it wasn't for my gg friends, I don't know where I'd be. Older transwomen don't usually know much about fashion or presentation. How I feel is irrelevant if I look like crap.

Anyways...this was me in 2007:

No one ever described me as masculine. But I had interest in both...fashion, military stuff, makeup, drag queens, etc
Come on Mahsa! In just about every photo I have seen of you, you pull that face. I know you have more facial expressions than the duck face. It's so not you!

Photo issues aside, it's hard to picture you as a boy. ^_^
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Keaira on December 29, 2011, 05:35:11 PM
Come on Mahsa! In just about every photo I have seen of you, you pull that face. I know you have more facial expressions than the duck face. It's so not you!

Photo issues aside, it's hard to picture you as a boy. ^_^

Not every photo...I am smiling in most photos.

•  

Keaira

There you go!! ^_^  A winning smile is so much cuter than a duck-face pout. Thanks for sharing Mahsa. *hugs*
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Keaira on December 29, 2011, 06:47:55 PM
There you go!! ^_^  A winning smile is so much cuter than a duck-face pout. Thanks for sharing Mahsa. *hugs*

This thread is like an amtrak train or is it >-bleeped-<. :)
  •