Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How to get wider hips

Started by Stephanie Stephens, January 28, 2012, 09:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephanie Stephens

Hi girls.  Do any of you know of exercises to widen the hips?  And does walking like a woman widen the hips? I practice walking like a woman when I am out in the yard and I over emphasize the hip movement because I am hoping  the this will widen my hips. Thanks
  •  

J R D

No, but your butt will benefit from walking and other excercises.  I imagine though that it would also help to reduce fat around your actual hips, therefore making them slimmer if you had fat there before.

Me, I have very little body fat, just can't seem to keep it, but I am pretty active and on my feet a lot at work. I'm lucky in that my hips are a decent width so that I have a good figure even without the fat cushion around them.
  •  

Eve87

This is just one of those lame skeleton differences.
But... estrogen, lower body workouts and lots of pies. Ta-daa.

Takes a very long time for estrogen to get to work on body pattern though. Hold off on the pies 'till then.  :P

•  

spacial

Stephanie.

Don't be worried about padding. Lots of girls use it and it works. Just experiment, with different styles and materials.

OK, so it isn't the real thing but only you will know.

If I may respectfully suggest, to avoid the swaying hips. They happen naturally and tend to attract attention, which is it's purpose really.
  •  

Bishounen

Quote from: Stephanie Stephens on January 28, 2012, 09:11:05 AM
Hi girls.  Do any of you know of exercises to widen the hips?  And does walking like a woman widen the hips? I practice walking like a woman when I am out in the yard and I over emphasize the hip movement because I am hoping  the this will widen my hips. Thanks

As for exercises, nope, none. Sorry.
And walking like a woman just affect the legs, really. Not the hips, more than that the hips tend to appear somewhat wider as you squeeze the legs together, but they don't actually become wider in actual shape and size.

But as Spacial said, try padding- There are good padding options and also good hip-pads avaible.
However it seems from your post as if you are after a permanent solution?
If so, and if it is truly something permanent you are after, then you could ofcourse always do as the girl in the following linked post, did: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,113869.0.html

You knows the best what it is that you want to achieve.
  •  

Annah

With hips? Very little. Exercise really wont do it. You either have em or you dont.

May I suggest a very large amount of fatty foods and chocolates? They always say, they do go right to your hips and butt!
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Annah on January 28, 2012, 12:22:57 PM
With hips? Very little. Exercise really wont do it. You either have em or you dont.

May I suggest a very large amount of fatty foods and chocolates? They always say, they do go right to your hips and butt!

Agreed.  Bagels and Cream cheese does the trick
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

VannaSiamese

Exercise will work, just the difference won't be profound.  Lunges and Squats are the way to go... I proved this in a post I did about a year ago when I did a very intense 10 week exercise program to widen my hips.  It works, but it's constant work.
Another easy way is to just create the illusion of wider hips.  SO, get a slimmer waist.  Also, layers work wonders.
The easiest way to get wider hips is just have fat transfered to them through surgery.  If you have enough body fat, they can lipo your upper body and waist and then shoot the fat into your hips.  Not only does this make your hips naturally bigger, but your waist is slimmer which creates an even more profound difference.
  •  

Stephanie Stephens

Thanks everyone for the wonderful responses.  I think I'll just live with what I got and try to walk more just for health reasons.  I am not heavy and don't want to be so I am going to lay off the pies.  I guess I will always envy women with a nice touch and hips.  Thanks
  •  

mmmgood

Quote from: VannaSiamese on January 28, 2012, 03:26:02 PM
Exercise will work, just the difference won't be profound.  Lunges and Squats are the way to go... I proved this in a post I did about a year ago when I did a very intense 10 week exercise program to widen my hips.  It works, but it's constant work.
Another easy way is to just create the illusion of wider hips.  SO, get a slimmer waist.  Also, layers work wonders.
The easiest way to get wider hips is just have fat transfered to them through surgery.  If you have enough body fat, they can lipo your upper body and waist and then shoot the fat into your hips.  Not only does this make your hips naturally bigger, but your waist is slimmer which creates an even more profound difference.
Which post is that?
  •  

Aleah

I've mentioned this in other posts too, you can control how your body looks if you work hard enough at it.

Just like any form of bodybuilding, you can control where muscle gets built when you bulk. The trick is to cut down to low bodyfat percentage (7-8% and low BMI), then as Vanna mentioned, do the correct exercises to work on your gluts (your ass) as you bulk back up. This is the standard way bodybuilders get their gains, because you can't help but gain fat while bulking and you need to bulk to gain muscle, so then they cut to stay lean.

You can't gain muscle without bulking, you can barely maintain it when cutting (eating below maintenance calories). Once you gain muscle in your gluts it will proportionally push out your fat.

There are herbs that people claim help them gain fat in hips when bulking, like Maca. I've seen good anecdotal results and will try it myself.
  •  

jainie marlena

There are muscles in the hips that can be bulked up. I was building them up before transition. It is the one that lifts the leg to the side. Put your hand on one of your hips and lift your leg to the side to find it. it helped a little but a little is better than nothing.