Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I wanted to share the difference TRT made in my life as a cis male (pics)

Started by Ultimus, June 12, 2012, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimus

I wanted to share my story about TRT and let you guys know that it will change your life forever and to stay hopeful!

At age 18, I got diagnosed with a rare  severe medical condition for someone my age called Hypogonadism. I essentially had the hormone/testosterone levels of a female. So I was essentially a FTM. I felt like garbage, hopeless, and like things would not get better. Then my doctor put me on TRT. My testosterone levels were now ABOVE the reference range of a normal male (1200 ng/dl) and I suddenly felt like superman! Within months, it gave me super human strength, agility, coordination, athleticism and reflexes.

Before TRT, I had a 2-67 high school wrestling record. After TRT, I found myself rag-dolling grown men on the mats!

TRT is life changing and life saving! It makes you feel like a genetically engineered superhuman! There is hope and life gets much much better!
  •  

Nygeel

What's severe about it? Isn't it kinda...not good to have hormone levels over where males are supposed to be?
  •  

Ultimus

Severity: Lethargy, Low Libido, Sluggish, no muscle mass, no facial hair, no body hair, weak, no endurance, no explosiveness, can't compete with the other guys

My endocrinologist said, "There's no such thing as having too high test. Professional athletes take steroids and they aren't dropping off like flies." He's really liberal and cool and maximized my dose until I hit the limits of a normal human.
  •  

Jamie D

Let me chime in here about the doctor's steroid advice.

It's wrong.  Anabolic steroid abuse has plenty of known short-term side effects, and other suspected long-term side effects.

http://www.testcountry.org/long-term-effects-and-complications-of-steroid-abuse.htm
  •  

Nygeel

Quote from: Ultimus on June 12, 2012, 02:53:52 PM
Severity: Lethargy, Low Libido, Sluggish, no muscle mass, no facial hair, no body hair, weak, no endurance, no explosiveness, can't compete with the other guys

My endocrinologist said, "There's no such thing as having too high test. Professional athletes take steroids and they aren't dropping off like flies." He's really liberal and cool and maximized my dose until I hit the limits of a normal human.
That doesn't really sound severe, and the muscle mass thing.

And yes, there is such thing as having too high testosterone. I know because my brother has high T. He's emotional/violent, has high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. When I started T my cholesterol and blood pressure shot through the roof. Your results aren't from just T.
  •  

wheat thins are delicious

Quote from: Ultimus on June 12, 2012, 02:53:52 PM

Your endo is an idiot.  There is definitely such a thing has having too high of a testosterone level.  You didn't just start TRT and then gain the muscles and stuff.  You had to work out to get like that.

•  

poptart

I can see how it can be considered quite severe and devastating for the person experiencing it. Being a teenager is tough and that's made even worse when you're a male who hasn't started puberty by age 18. You probably would experience something similar to gender dysphoria, since internally you feel a lot more masculine than your appearance would suggest.

Thanks for posting, dude. It does help to know there are non-trans guys who don't produce testosterone naturally, because then I don't feel like taking synthetic hormones invalidates my status as a male, like some people try to say it does.
  •  

conformer

Quote from: poptart on June 12, 2012, 04:15:26 PM
I can see how it can be considered quite severe and devastating for the person experiencing it. Being a teenager is tough and that's made even worse when you're a male who hasn't started puberty by age 18. You probably would experience something similar to gender dysphoria, since internally you feel a lot more masculine than your appearance would suggest.

Thanks for posting, dude. It does help to know there are non-trans guys who don't produce testosterone naturally, because then I don't feel like taking synthetic hormones invalidates my status as a male, like some people try to say it does.

This exactly. Thanks for posting man

supremecatoverlord

Quote from: Casey on June 12, 2012, 05:07:57 PM
I agree, thanks for posting. Although the really high levels are a bit concerning, given that my doctor was saying he had some patients with high T who were having problems, quite similar to what nygeel said about his brother.

On another note, you look really familiar somehow.

I'm pretty sure this user used another screen name....
Meow.

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: JasonRX on June 12, 2012, 05:16:39 PM
I'm pretty sure this user used another screen name....

That is true, but we respect the member's privacy.
  •  

Daniel006

My cis boyfriend was recently diagnosed with hypogonadism and was started on testosterone therapy about a month ago.  It really sucks that he has to deal with injecting the rest of his life too now, but it is also really cool to have something so personal that we share and can relate on.  He told me how he felt better after the first injection, as I knew he would.  He definitely made it through puberty, but now his facial hair is growing faster and he has noticed an increase in body hair as well.  It feels good to know that relying on injected testosterone doesn't make anyone less of a man, as well as knowing that if I should become stealth and anyone should question why I may be injecting testosterone, I could claim hypogonadism and end the discussion.

•  

Ultimus

Quote from: poptart on June 12, 2012, 04:15:26 PM

This so much! Somebody gets it!

Quote from: Casey on June 12, 2012, 05:33:48 PM
Oh, OK. My apologies. I didn't mean to be nosy, I more wondered if I knew him IRL.

Maybe, but I don't know any Casey's.
  •  

aleon515

Too high testerone can cause problems (some pretty serious):
This is a listing (nothing to mess with);
http://www.livestrong.com/article/31056-high-testosterone-side-effects/

--Jay Jay
  •  

insideontheoutside

Yeah there totally is such a think as too high of T levels. There's also such a thing as medical "professionals" who are pretty much quacks. Nevertheless, the condition is certainly real and T is the fix to make you feel normal again. The T levels should be checked regularly though and you should be looking out for side effects such as the high blood pressure, etc. Increase in side effects should mean a lowering of your T dose.

On another note, I've noticed an increase in the diagnosis of "low T". There's a number of very gimmicky "natural" products on the market now targeted to men in their later 30s on that have latched on to the fact that T does decrease over time. There's also a new wave of HRT happening targeting men for this exact thing - replacing "lost" testosterone.
"Let's conspire to ignite all the souls that would die just to feel alive."
  •  

aleon515

I get it, in the sense that I know it to be an upsetting condition. You certainly looked miserable. However, I also worry about losing your health with too much of a good thing.

>On another note, I've noticed an increase in the diagnosis of "low T". There's a number of very gimmicky "natural" products on the market now targeted to men in their later 30s on that have latched on to the fact that T does decrease over time. There's also a new wave of HRT happening targeting men for this exact thing - replacing "lost" testosterone. Also you mentioned "explosiveness". Not sure what exactly you want with that.

Haha, I know exactly what you are talking about. I might even be able to quote the danged commercials they play them so often. "Don't be that guy!" (that lies on the couch all the time and doesn't do anything). "Use Ageless Male". :)
Lots fo quack products promising prowess in the bedroom.

--Jay Jay
  •  

Isaac

I'm happy you got treated, and I know you're trying to be inspirational, but...

Quote from: Ultimus on June 12, 2012, 01:46:24 PM
So I was essentially a FTM.

No, you weren't.  You were raised and socialized as a boy, you didn't have doctors or family trying to prevent your treatment, you don't have a vagina or periods to be disgusted by.
  •  

Adio

Quote from: Isaac on June 14, 2012, 01:25:31 AM
I'm happy you got treated, and I know you're trying to be inspirational, but...

Ultimus:  So I was essentially a FTM.

No, you weren't.  You were raised and socialized as a boy, you didn't have doctors or family trying to prevent your treatment, you don't have a vagina or periods to be disgusted by.

I agree with this.  I'm honestly not sure the purpose of this thread.
  •  

supremecatoverlord

Quote from: Adio on June 14, 2012, 07:13:35 AM
I agree with this.  I'm honestly not sure the purpose of this thread.
And I agree with this.
Meow.

•