Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Questions about FTM post op penis performance

Started by Gemini4657, August 13, 2012, 09:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gemini4657

I'm curious to know how the post op penis would perform.  For starters, can it get hard on its own?  If an "erectile prosthesis" implant is used, would it be permanently erect?  Would it ever be capable of being soft/limp?  (I'm worried about it looking like a hard on through pants).

If the urethra is re-routed and extended, would you have normal bladder control?  You can also choose to have the urethra stay where it is, right?

During sex, how much sensation is there through the entire penis?  Would the head be the most sensitive, like in a biologically born male?

And my biggest question: Is the penis strong enough for anal sex?  Will that kind of tight tug and pull cause any problems?

Thank you to anyone who can answer these questions for me.  I just cannot find any information on any of these specific topics.
  •  

Stealthy

I think you're assuming there's only one kind of bottom surgery?

There are two different types, meta (metoidioplasty) and phallo (phalloplasty). Both have their benefits and shortcomings. In the mainstream trans community, the shortcomings are overstated and the benefits are understated.

Meta is smaller. A lot smaller. Micropenis size, usually-though it depends on the amount of 'clitoral' growth T gives you (meta is constructed from the 'clitoris'). I've heard anecdotally of a transguy who had 4 inches when hard, but this is extremely rare (read: is not going to happen to you). Think more around 1-2 inches.

At the average 1-2 inches size, it's a bit of a crapshoot whether meta can penetrate or not. However, it has full erotic sensation. I'm not sure whether the head would be the most sensitive-that's not really something I've read about before.

Metas don't require any kind of implant to get hard. For a meta, you can choose whether or not to get urethal lengthening. Obviously, you can't STP without it (yeah, yeah, I know, I know, STP devices...I'm talking without one of those things, here). There's a somewhat high risk of complications, but bladder control tends to be fine-complications are usually more related to blockage and the like, I think, though I'm not 100% sure. You can also get a meta without a colpectomy (a colpectomy is what's also referred to as a 'vaginectomy').

Phallo is the one that has the size of an average penis. It's generally thought to not look as much like a CAMAB dick, but that's generally kinda inaccurate nowadays. (I saw an absolutely AMAZING result once, but the place I saw it escapes me.) It always requires a colpectomy and urethal lengthening.

You don't need an erectile implant-you can penetrate through other methods, and the implant has a risk of migration, which is about as bad as it sounds-but all the ways of having sex without an implant sound like a complete headache, and I imagine you'd need it for anal penetration. It wouldn't make you permanently erect (though some older methods did).

Phallos can't get hard on their own.

Unless your doctor is a hack job, you can penetrate anally with a phallo. (Unfortunately, there are hack jobs out there.)

The base of a phallo is actually more sensitive, as the 'clitoris' tends to be buried around that area. Phallos absolutely do have erotic sensation, though-it just takes time to come back. You know how it takes time for nipple sensation to return after top surgery? Same thing here.
Pronouns: shi/hir

•  

Gemini4657

Thank you soo much, I've been dying to get a response from someone!  I'm really not sure what I want to do at this point, or if I want to change at all.  The more I know, the better. :)
  •  

slammed.82

I had the meta and the phallo. There are different kinds of metas and phallos.
I had the full meta, with vaginal closure and urethral lengthening. I was on the bigger end of the results, and there was no way you could have penetrative sex, it's not in the right place for starters and it's just not long enough to get in there..I was 2.75" erect. I could stand to pee with no problems, even use urinals, but I know many guys who can't, they weren't big enough. With the meta it really depends on how big you are before, and what you want to do. Depending on how the surgeon does it, sometimes you lose a little sensation because he rearranges the skin, but it's no big deal, there is a small chance of losing all feeling when he is cutting the ligaments and stuff. The erections are still there, and even better because it now feels and looks more like a penis.

My phallo is about 4.5". I had the radial forearm so my clit is buried in the base. I can get-off by jerking but you have to learn how, it's not as easy as before. It doesn't get hard without an erectile device. With the device, when you pump the penis up it does get slightly bigger and wider because the skin stretches. I can pee (stp) with no problems. You definitely lose sensation and intensity depending on how it's done. Because my clit is buried I can't touch it anymore, the surgeon also connected one of the nerves of the clit to the penis, so hopefully the erotic sensation will attach to the penis (not likely). The penis has erotic feeling at the base where the clit is and regular feeling in the rest (there are numb areas). It takes time to get feeling. The risk of total failure (loss of orgasms, total loss of penis, loss of sensation) are the highest with phallos, especially depending what method you chose.

•  

Make_It_Good

I think Stealthy and Slammed have said things pretty well, so Ill just add on.

Im post op pubic phalloplasty (as opposed to forearm phallo).
Ive not finished all the stages yet, I havent had my urethra re-routed yet, or had nerve work done.
The sensation, as it is so far, the sensation is best at the base, not the head.

With the erectile devices that they use now, it wouldn't leave you with a permanent erection. You have to pump it up using a small pump that is in one of your testicles. Then, when youre done, you deflate it, and itll go limp again.
  •