Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

FemLar Surgery with Dr. Thomas

Started by stacyjintheway, August 27, 2012, 04:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacyjintheway

I just had feminization laryngoplasty surgery with Dr. Thomas in Portland (on August 7th). The result has been fantastic. Prior to surgery my voice was very low and boomy and now it is much more attenuated and soft. I'm only three weeks post op right now so my pitch is still a little low but its resolving itself nicely into the feminine register. I would agree with most who caution against voice surgery with the exception being Dr. Thomas. Dr. Thomas works on much more than just pitch . . he also changes the timbre and color of your voice to make it softer and more feminine in tone.  I would highly recommend him to anyone considering voice surgery. You can see my before and after videos on my website: www.postopliving.com
  •  

Maja.V

How much does the FemLar surgery cost? I'm having a surgery done by Yeson Medical center in South Korea next week, and their quote was a little over $7.000

Also, nice result :)

stacyjintheway

•  

LizMarie

I've researched voice surgery fairly extensively as I have a medical issue that makes retraining the voice problematic. My left vocal cord is paralyzed and does not respond to training at all. It only works to provide a voice because there is an implant in it that holds it always taut. When the implant was placed, it was done so that it fit into the middle of my voice range as a male. At a minimum, this needs to be revised. But since I needed the revision, I researched voice surgery generally.

What I found is that the transgender community's hesitance about voice surgery seems to largely be based on the work of Dr. Anne Lawrence and the study she did of voice surgery from the 1980s up to 2004 when she published her results. However, Dr. Thomas began his work in 2004, the same year, using a new technique that was just making its debut in Thailand. He has since refined and advanced his work as well. He also has many voice samples on his website, http://voicedoctor.net/.

I plan to use Dr. Thomas as well for these reasons though my voice surgery is at least a year away, possibly a bit more, depending on finances.
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.

~ Cara Elizabeth
  •