Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Why do you think you are 'transgender ?

Started by Anatta, February 21, 2013, 10:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

Just out of interest, why do you 'think' you are transgender?

Perhaps you think it's a god-thing? That is, a deity made you this way for a reason [perhaps to teach the righteous religious the art of tolerance, acceptance and compassion] ...

Or

Mother Nature trying to correct an imbalance of  male and female energies

Or

A biological blunder...

Or is your answer :

Don't know...but...

Or

Don't know and really don't care FULL STOP...

Or

Something else.............

For example an extraterrestrial scientific experiment on what they see as an inferior species   ;) ;D ...No wait...You might seriously be thinking this...

* Or is it Karma ? *

::) *  I guess in a sense it's the billion dollar question...*
Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Kevin Peña

I get depressed and want to cry when I think about living the rest of my life as a yucky boy.  :icon_tears:
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

I'm the reincarnation of one of my mom's self-induced miscarriages come to punish her I guess. ^.^
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: ~RoadToTrista~ on February 21, 2013, 10:28:15 PM
I'm the reincarnation of one of my mom's self-induced miscarriages come to punish her I guess. ^.^

Kia Ora Trista,

::) Karma works in mysterious ways...

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Kevin Peña

My sister was taken away by social services, so, according to my mom, I'm just trying to replace her as the daughter of the family.  ::)
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: DianaP on February 21, 2013, 10:39:25 PM
My sister was taken away by social services, so, according to my mom, I'm just trying to replace her as the daughter of the family.  ::)

Kia Ora Diana,

Sorry to hear about your sister...However it does explain your mother's reasoning-a way for her to justify her position...Not that I'm saying for one minute she's right...

•  

Elspeth

I've gone through many different theories, including a past lives regression that took me back to a life in the 1940s as the abused wife of a farmer, and the conviction that I've been female in nearly all my past lives. This sometimes included the speculation that I had finally come to entertain the thought that life might be easier as a male, and this was some deity's idea of a joke (or expression of karma). Also had the feeling that, if I managed to get through this incarnation "okay" maybe it would be the last one.

Mostly, these days, I try not to overthink it.

I many expand on this later, when it's not too late at night to do the topic justice.
"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."
- Sonmi-451 in Cloud Atlas
  •  

Keira

I don't know per say...but I think all people who are minorities are effectively what black is to white, yin is to yang, god is to "Satan" (the opposer). We are the fool, the joker, the trickster incarnate. A living symbol of change, rebellion, and ultimately compassion, love, and understanding...
  •  

Silver

I don't think of it as a kind of "destined" thing if that makes any sense- more of, I simply happen to be happier living as male than female. Random chance? I think of it in the same way that I think of the fact that I do not like asparagus. XD

I'm quite possibly wrong and I don't mind because I don't care about the answer nearly as much as I care that I have made good decisions about it. And so far, I'm inclined to think I have.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) I had read somewhere that some believe being 'transsexual' is the next stage on the evolutional ladder ie, "A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form."...I can't remember where but I'm sure I did read it...Or was I just dreaming  :icon_bong:

•  

Keira

Quote from: Kuan Yin on February 21, 2013, 11:19:14 PM
Kia Ora,

::) I had read somewhere that some believe being 'transsexual' is the next stage on the evolutional ladder ie, "A gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form."...I can't remember where but I'm sure I did read it...Or was I just dreaming  :icon_bong:

Or we are entropy...(See quantum physics pg 152) lol.
  •  

Liminal Stranger

I think whatever mapped out my brain and whatever mapped out my body had a bit of a dispute and developed in opposite directions, only to drift even further apart at puberty.

My belief is that the most natural form of our energy is genderless, and identical to all other energy with layers outside the center being what makes us individuals, and close to the core is something that determines gender identity. It can be anywhere on a spectrum, but it is a deep sense of who we are. I think when the characteristic assigned either at birth or over the years refuses to agree with the body, you get a trans* person. I don't think there's anything spiritually related, though someday our existence could be construed as a lesson in acceptance. I see it as a clerical error that happens to screw up lives without meaning to.

"And if you feel that you can't go on, in the light you will find the road"
- In the Light, Led Zeppelin
  •  

Trixie

I'm not totally, 100% sure. I feel like feminine and female expression is more "me". I feel more genuinely "me" if I think of myself and am regarded by others as female. I make sense.

There's also a desire to be soft, and pretty in a female kind of way, and also something else that I don't quite understand. It's why I'm not content being a "girly guy". There's something else to it.

There are more reasons. I can go on.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Sky-Blue on February 21, 2013, 11:21:55 PM
Or we are entropy...(See quantum physics pg 152) lol.

Kia Ora Ciel Bleu',

It's a  Possibility...One of many...

•  

Silver

Gee all your answers make me feel rather boring.  :D

/useless post
  •  

SunKat

I think it has to do with reincarnation and karma, but not in the usual sense that everyone understands those terms.

I like to think that life is a cycle of reincarnations and that when you die you don't go on to an eternal reward or an eternal punishment, but you continue on as yourself in this plane or another.   I don't believe in Karma, per se, and I don't believe that anyone is transgender, or poor, or crippled or anything else because somehow they deserve it from a past life or because some force or diety is punishing or rewarding them...  but I do believe in karma in the sense that we are the people that we allow ourselves to become.  If I'm greedy, I'll become the sort of person who values money over friendship.  If I'm loyal, I'll become the sort of person who stands by what they believe in. 

Out of all of the things I may have in this life, the only thing that I can take with me when I die is who I am and what I believe.  And to some extent who I am and what I believe affects the circumstances of my birth.

And so... somehow before this life I must have thought that being male would be better than what I had before.  Somehow a female soul with female sensibilities decided that having a penis would make this life better than the last one.  (Considering the state of the world, that's not such an unreasonable assumption.)

All things considered, I really, really got that one wrong. If this lifetime has a major life lesson for me it would be 'Make sure the book matches the cover' next time.
So next time I'll do better.  Next time will be different.  Sure I'll probably get something else wrong, but I definitely learned my lesson on gender.

Is any of this real?  Maybe not.  But it keeps me focused on being the type of person I want to be before I die and it gives me a fairytale to keep away the existential hopelessness and nightmares.  I have to believe... because if this isn't real... then this life and the afterlife are in vain and the only salvation is oblivion.

(Sorry that went to a bad place...  actually next life I'm coming back as Twilight Sparkle.)
  •  

Medusa

If I have a choice before birth Ill choose it
It is a good experience when you accept it
Just bad thing about being trans is that I didn't accepted it earlier and was so scared of it.
IMVU: MedusaTheStrange
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Quote from: Kuan Yin on February 21, 2013, 10:37:09 PM
Kia Ora Trista,

::) Karma works in mysterious ways...

She really does think I'm reincarnated from it because I have this very weird birthmark on my stomach, lol
  •  

Carrie Liz

I really believe that, all things considered, I'm blessed to be the way that I am. Yes, I envy those who have never had gender issues, and I wish that I could just be "normal" all the time. But at the same time, it has taught me SO much as a person. I've had to step beyond my comfort zone, learn to have empathy for others if I expect to receive the same empathy in return. And it really has made me a better person: more loving, more caring, more patient and understanding, and more sympathetic.

When I've asked the good Lord "Why? Why do I have to go through this?," though, the answer that I've increasingly been getting was because I had to learn to stand up for myself. All through high school, all through college, I've been a COMPLETE pushover when it comes to standing up for things that I believe in. I just have way too much of that "good girl" mindset in me, the same one that keeps women from asking for promotions and challenging others even when they know that they're wrong... seeking the approval of others over their own. And I've always acted EXACTLY like that. I don't know how to live for myself, because I've always lived to not offend others. Well, now it's time to unlearn that, and finally learn to be my own person instead of needing the approval of others to feel worthy and feel accomplished.

I've also done a few past-life regression sessions, and supposedly in my last life I was a woman named Annie, born in 1926, who was a teenager in the 1940's and a working woman during the 1950's. Supposedly, she spent her entire life having internalized the "perfect family" image, and constantly felt like a complete failure because she never married and never had a family while all of her close friends did, and she ended up working a dead-end job at a department store for her whole life, never having the gumption to do ANYTHING to change the circumstances that she hated so much, and tore herself up over so much. And even though she was quite beautiful, she never learned to love herself. (logic: "if nobody loves me, there must be something wrong with me," self-defeating attitude, blah blah blah.) So in many ways I believe my current situation is a continuation of that. I had this regression session LONG before I finally admitted my transsexualism, and LONG before I entered the working world, (like in my junior year of college when I pretty much couldn't think of anything but class work,) and only now am I realizing all of these connections to my current state of mind and my current situation. It's almost like God is saying to me "well, you never learned to love yourself when you really were a beautiful woman, so now it's time for you to learn to love yourself under the most unimaginable of circumstances. Get going on it."

And I still haven't quite learned this. Ever since I started HRT, I have been FREAKING out about how un-passable my "girl mode" is. And I'm just constantly fighting the battle between "be myself and don't care what anyone says," and "wait until I'm feminine enough to pass so that I don't get any weird stares."

Sometimes you just have to keep repeating things, in different circumstances, until you finally learn the lesson that you were supposed to. I'm still working on it.
  •  

Edge

Quote from: Kuan Yin on February 21, 2013, 11:19:14 PM
Kia Ora,

Sorry to point this out, but that is an incorrect definition of evolution (at least, in terms of species). Unless being trans is somehow more conducive to surviving and reproducing in our current environment, we are not the next stage.

Probable reason: No biological process is perfect. There's the hormones thing that's been explained to me. Also, I have some form of mosaicism which I want to look into someday to see if that affected anything for me.
  •