Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Gaff Questions

Started by Karla, April 16, 2013, 05:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karla

So i have developed this love/hate relationship with gaffs over the past two weeks, after finally and reluctantly shopping at an online 'crossdresser shop'.

(crossdressers are cool, it's just not me.)

I love how it tucks away the extra bits, the raw materials for Dr. McGinn to work her magic.  I love how i am no longer aware of them... there's nothing like the smooth feeling, being able to cross legs.  I find myself sitting and standing differently, even driving a car is different... working the clutch feels just great, toes pointed in for a little blip on the accelerator before downshifting... i feel like Diana Rigg !

But i have this nagging thought that i'm not taking the best care of the raw materials.  Sometimes i get 'leakage' out the side, which really hurts, or chafes until i can get somewhere private to correct it.  The panty has a liner inside the fabric which probably makes it stronger for holding everything where it needs to be... but the liner seems to be plastic, and doesn't breathe.  i worry about skin health and circulation.

Maybe i need a better gaff.  In that case, recommendations please, recommendations for TS rather than for CD.  Or maybe start taping... with medical tape i can wear all the time, and with which i can sit to pee.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Karla
  •  

Devlyn

I don't think identity has much bearing on tucking, here is some good information from the Wiki. Thanks, Wiki Staff!

https://www.susans.org/wiki/Gaff
  •  

Karla

Excellent information there, Devlyn Marie... should have mentioned that i read it already.

Didn't answer my question about extended wear e.g. overnight... and i also wanted to hear the wisdom of other MTF experiences, which books can't teach.

Thanks!
Karla

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on April 16, 2013, 06:02:40 AM
I don't think identity has much bearing on tucking, here is some good information from the Wiki. Thanks, Wiki Staff!

https://www.susans.org/wiki/Gaff
  •  

Devlyn

The Wiki is always my first destination! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

I use a light pantry girdle.  Flat and holds things nicely.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

RosieD

Personally speaking (after having tried several) I would have to say don't use a gaff. Two pairs of knickers two sizes too small are far more comfortable and do at least as good a job.

Rosie.

P.S. I hate to use the phrase "wide gusset" mainly because it sounds like an innuendo but they really help with the accidental spillages.
Well that was fun! What's next?
  •  

Beth Andrea

My "go-to" tucking method is the cut-the-legs-off-pantyhose method...I tried using an actual gaff when I first started, but due to the massive amount of material to be held in (i.e., normal male size) it didn't work too well...but, after a few months on HRT, I tried it again, and it actually works pretty well, when the parts have reduced in size.

That said, wearing two panties also works pretty well...and of course the nylons still do a good job. (although the fabric can bunch up and irritate and/or chafe)

The only thing that keeps me from ordering enough gaffs for the week is the price...$15-20 is a LOT for a use-one-day-then-wash item.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

kokochan900

Unfortunately enough, I don't own any good undergarments. I just make a makeshift one out of a pair of boxers weaved through a disembodied sock tube.

It's quite uncomfortable. I need something more legit soon.
この文章を読む事が出来れば、私にメッセージを送信してください
  •  

Henna

I use a gaff made from pantyhose. It's exactly the same looking, as shown on this YouTube video:

But made from pantyhose, it breaths and it's a bit more flexible. Just buy a few size smaller pantyhose than you would normally buy and it stays attached firmly.
  •  

RoShell

I have worn a gaff for over 20 years. Back in the day we had a local shop that made them. However it went out of business in early 2000. Since then I order mine from mrms.com. They are actually comfortable and I can use them even with my bathing suit. I wear scrubs daily so I usually wear panties over them.  However like someone stated before they do run about 24+ a pair.
  I always order a size smaller. to have a good tight tuck..
Today is a new day. Don't let your history interfere with your destiny! Let today be the day you stop being a victim of your circumstances and start taking action towards the life you want. You have the power and the time to shape your life.
  •  

Rowan Rue

I got some underwear from a company here in Seattle called "La Vie en Orange".  It's a lady who makes Undies from recycled T-shirts and they are awesome. 
Great fit and they hold everything in place when tucked super well.  I've been totally happy wearing Jeans leggings and other similarly tight pants and they keep everything very nice and flat.
I also heard rumor that she was interested in doing a trans* specific style so I just emailed her to inquire further and offer up my experience in both being trans and having worked as a clothing designer for the last 8 years.
I shall report back if I hear from her.

My personal blog is [url=http
  •  

Karla

Thanks, ladies, for your comments and ideas !

last night i slept tucked... it was comfortable and i woke up happy...

Quote from: kokochan900 on April 17, 2013, 05:03:12 PM
Unfortunately enough, I don't own any good undergarments. I just make a makeshift one out of a pair of boxers weaved through a disembodied sock tube.  It's quite uncomfortable. I need something more legit soon.

I've been there, kokochan, chin up things will get better !    hopefully you will find some ideas here.
  •