Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

'Kinky Boots' Performers Have Amazing Response To Macy's Day Parade Outrage

Started by Shana A, December 02, 2013, 08:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

'Kinky Boots' Performers Have Amazing Response To Macy's Day Parade Outrage

Posted: 12/01/2013 10:29 am EST

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/01/kinky-boots-response-macy-day-parade_n_4367965.html

Homophobia reared its ugly head in response to the supposedly cheerful Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, as some Americans took to social media to criticize the performance of "Kinky Boots," an award-winning Broadway musical about a shoe factory owner and a drag queen who work together to turn the family business around. The way the performers responded to the controversy, however, was priceless.

Despite the show's wholesome themes of cooperation, tolerance and friendship, Twitter and Facebook quickly lit up with Americans decrying the performance of the musical's flashy finale "Raise You Up/Just Be" as unwholesome and unfit for the holiday parade broadcast.

Rather than be cowed by the controversy, however, the show's Tony-winning star Billy Porter and some of his cast mates marched over to Macy's the day after their performance in the parade and proceeded to do some Black Friday shopping. The kicker? Almost all of the male actors were outfitted in their sky-high stiletto boots and Porter was in full drag.
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

eshaver

Rather than be cowed by the controversy, however, the show's Tony-winning star Billy Porter and some of his cast mates marched over to Macy's the day after their performance in the parade and proceeded to do some Black Friday shopping. The kicker? Almost all of the male actors were outfitted in their sky-high stiletto boots and Porter was in full drag.

That IS the response I would have expected of either a Stonewall survivor or a Texan ! Hey, I'd give em a medal for doin it ..................... ellen
See ya on the road folks !!!
  •