News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Help... I think I overplucked my eyebrows, and about passability

Started by Auroramarianna, June 06, 2014, 02:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auroramarianna

~continuation of https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,164504.0.html ~
I think I definitely look more feminine since I have plucked them, but I removed tooo mcuh, especially from the inner corners start of the eyebrows. There's too mcuh missing now. :( Can anyone help me to find the best shape overall, and how it should be plucked?

How do you think it affects my passability? How does my face look? Do you think I could pass when I get on hormones? Thank you :)

Before pics:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2lufdx2&s=8#.U16OyqPy3wk
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2nqwdo7&s=8#.U2qXpqPy3wl

After pics:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=26216h3&s=8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34sjjad&s=8
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=12519xs&s=8#.U5IaIaO3BEM

Having removed too much from the start definitely enhanced my brow area... ugh. :x Also, I'm aware my hair is wet on the first, nevermind, it was because it was raining outside and I just got home. By the way, I know this sounds shallow and immature, but how would you rate my looks? (I know I always ask questions about looks, it's kinda silly, buuut)

Thanks very much again :)
  •  

EmoAlice

I hope this doesn't sound rude or offensive but...well.....this is supposed to be a support site not a rating site.  Are you looking for people to tell you you look good regardless of the truth, because you might get that.  Or you might be really good looking and get the same response.  Some people might give you an honest answer.  Others may not.  If you really want to know, post your picture on a picture rating website.

As for the eyebrows, you might have plucked a bit too much from both sides but they'll most likely grow back.  Also, you might want to try giving them more of a taper, with the thinnest part at the outside rather than having generally the same thickness throughout.

Just my opinion.

•  

Auroramarianna

It doesn't. I am kinda insecure so I need constant self-reassurance, sorry about asking that! What I really care is if I'll pass or not (not necessarily being cute)!

Anyways, thank you for the advice, it was useful. :) I guess they're growing quite rapidly, and getting a bit irregular, because there are still holes where they are not growing.
  •  

Umiko

its not rating. if its advice she needs than we can give it to her. rating would be like " on a scale of 1-10" type of deal
  •  

EmoAlice

Not to argue, but she did ask for a rating:

Quote from: Auroramarianna on June 06, 2014, 02:42:28 PM
I know this sounds shallow and immature, but how would you rate my looks
  •  

Auroramarianna

I did ask.... I am sorry, but it's not really not the main point. I'm really asking for advice and passability, like, does my face appear feminine enough, what can I do to feminize it? Thanks :)
  •  

melanie maritz

I'm nooo proffessional when it comes to eyebrow plucking, sometimes mine turn out looking justt how I want it and then I am too lazy too maintain the shape and can't get it how it was before.

But this is generally how I do it and it works for me; firstly, I take some scissors and an eyebrow brush. Then I comb the eyebrow hair straight up, but most of the time it doesn't stay there anyway. Then you take the scissors (do be careful) and snip all the hair that goes over the area where your eyebrow stops if the hair is combed down/ as it naturally is.

I think male eyebrow hair grows longer than female eyebrow hair and this really helps to make it look better. But be warned : do not over do it (don't snip any hair lower than where you eyebroe ends) it will leave bald spots in your eyebrow, trust me, I've been there.

And after this trimming sessions you just pluck the random hairs at the top of your brow, but just the random ones, don't make your brows thinner by plucking from the top of the brow.

Then go on to plucking the random hairs at the bottom of the brow , and try to enhance the shape your eyebrow already has.

If you can't see a shape you like in your eyebrow, then trace with something like eyeliner an outline of how you would like your eyebrow to look and pluck all the hairs that are not within this line. Just try to get both brows to look the same though. Oh and it is quite important to create a nice arch at the correct place.

I can't post a pic right now, but there are pictures on google that show you where your arch should be, where your eyebrow should end and where it should star.

Sorry for the long post. I hope it was useful
  •  

Kova V

Not bad for a first plucking. The arches are a bit too rounded IMO. There is a 3-point thing I've seen online, (links to stuff below)
You'll get it in no time!

http://naturalnigerian.com/2011/01/basic-eyebrow-shaping/

•  

Alainaluvsu

The biggest thing that sticks out to me isn't really what you've done, it's what you haven't done. Your eyebrows are thick and long. You have density in your eyebrows and that's fine, but you don't want density AND length. Get some clippers and a comb and shorten them a bit, or thin them out (which is difficult to get right). You should probably tweeze some from the bottom of your left eye, as it's not only unequal, but there still appears to be some hair in the eye rim (this usually helps mask a brow bone and gives the eyes a bigger appearance if done correctly). Typically you're going to want to get everything out of the eye rim, so that all of the hair is above it.  Also, clean up the top. Don't shorten the top, just get the few stray hairs that are here and there.

As for shape and taper:

This is an illustration of ideal eyebrows. You'll notice a light taper inward with a very narrow point on the outer brows. There's an indication of where the arch should be, but DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL YOU GROW THE INNER PART BACK, or you will just look goofy. I know the illustration shows that the eyebrows should start with the outer part of the nostril, but your nostrils are wide and, as you can see, your eyebrows are way too far inward.
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

Auroramarianna

Thank you, Melanie! It was sure useful! I agree that my archs are a little round, since I kinda messed up I'll let my grow back to see what I need to have fixed.
Oh, Alaina, I agree that my eyebrows are dense and long but I forgot to say that I am wearing eyebrow liner in those pictures, because I have to cover up for my family relatives who don't know, and I just try to avoid unecessary questions, but it's noticeable anyways. I'll try to work on them. My eyebrows are naturally uneven and so is the skin on the top of my eyes, skin "falls" more on one side than another, if it can be even said that way ehehe. :p

By the way, I was also thinking of buying some foundation to cover up some of the acne and scars I have, which brand do you reccommend and what shade? Thank yaaaa ^-~
  •  

melanie maritz

I like yardley, they aren't too expensive, and they get the job done. You'll have to go in to the store and ask an assistant to help you find your shade, if you find it, ask her for a tester in a small empty pill box (that's what they give it in over here).

Then you try the foundation on at home and see if it blends in nicely. The reason for this is, if you just go on how it looks at the store, it might look different at home because of the lighting in the store.

Don't feel shy about asking an assistant for help and for a tester, they should be professional and money is money no matter if a "guy" buys the makeup, besides, lots of emo guys wear foundation but that's not the point. The point is you have the right to buy it without feeling embarrased about yourself.

I hope you get the shade you're looking for :)
  •  

Auroramarianna

Thank you, I'm going to try :)

I basically have no experience with makeup, none at all, and I don't know how to apply foundation, nothing. And I don't have anyone to help me, so that is difficult. I'm very shy to come to a makeup store and ask for makeup, they will look at me like I'm some freak :( I do have to overcome that fear.....
  •