Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Anybody know of Dr. Graham L. Peveller, the therapist?

Started by Nero, December 30, 2008, 06:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Here's the link for him:

http://www.gendertherapist.com/

I just want to know if anyone here has used him or knows someone who has.
Thanks.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Stephanie2664

I was also hoping to find out about this doctor.  Doing a search of his name brought this old post up.  So I guess I am reviving it in the hopes that someone has some information about him and his services?

Thank you.
Stephanie

***  Fade to Black  ***

•  

jesse

i just spoke with him he seams reasonable enough he has a an associate in NC as well to provide the second letter.
jessie
like a knife that cuts you the wound heals but them scars those scars remain
  •  

Nero

he's great. I've since spent months talking to him. got all my letters in a timely manner, and a lot of good talks on top of that.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

jesse

Quote from:  link=topic=52723.msg437091#msg437091 date=1253789389
he's great. I've since spent months talking to him. got all my letters in a timely manner, and a lot of good talks on top of that.
yeppers he mentioned you not by screen name but said he knew a moderator on susans hugs thanks for the lead im going to use him
jessica
  •  

vanna

Dr Peveller gave me all my letter and was really helpful in my own transition

i would recommend to anyone and a verry nice man
  •  

GamerJames

Does anyone know if he's able to do therapy/referrals/letters for patients in Canada?

♫ Oh give me a home, where the trans people roam, and the queers and the androgynes play... ♫

Facebook | YouTube
  •  

Nero

Quote from: NES_junkie_James on September 24, 2009, 12:15:18 PM
Does anyone know if he's able to do therapy/referrals/letters for patients in Canada?

Yep. Your system is a little more complicated, but he can manage it, he says.

Post Merge: September 24, 2009, 12:22:06 PM

He's awesome. Follows the SOC, but tailors to the individual. The majority of contact is conducted through IM, however he also phones and emails and may use webcam if needed. He really cares and will work with your surgeon. A lot of people balk at online therapy, but it is the wave of the future. It's especially helpful for people who feel less comfortable discussing trans issues face to face. Also any natural bias on the part of the therapist towards one's gendered appearance is alleviated. He is legit, has loads of experience. After years of traditional therapy, he has gone online to help people all over the world. I can't say enough about him.
  •  

GamerJames

Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it.

I have no problem with face-to-face therapy, but my issue is that in my whole province there is only one gender therapist who has a 12-18 month waiting list, and then needs to see you for several months at least on top of that before referring to endo.

I'm not trying to rush the process, and I still need a few months (to come out to my kids and work) before I'll be ready to start taking T anyhow, but if I can get the ball rolling at least, and not end up waiting two years or more until I actually get my endo referral, that would be a HUGE help.

I've gone and emailed him now (through the contact link on his website) and I'm really interested to hear back and see if he can help.

For the first time since coming out to myself I finally feel like I won't have to wait YEARS before I can start my real life.
♫ Oh give me a home, where the trans people roam, and the queers and the androgynes play... ♫

Facebook | YouTube
  •  

CodyJess

Despite how leery I initially felt; I'm going to drop this guy a line and hope for the best. Considering the complete and total lack of [transgender-treating] therapists where I live, the idea of online therapy seems too good to be true.

Quote from: NES_junkie_James on September 24, 2009, 12:28:37 PM
For the first time since coming out to myself I finally feel like I won't have to wait YEARS before I can start my real life.

This ^
  •  

jesse

he has an associate in us as well for second letter referals i find him pleasant had our first session tonight i love the on line forum it allows me to be more open
  •  

Mr. Fox

I might consider him, given that I can't drive (wah wah wah!)
  •  

Stephanie2664

Thank you everyone for the great replies.  This was the sort of advice I needed, being naturally wary of anything internet-related concerning this.  Plus, this seemed like a great option for me since I can do this while on the road.  Being home only a couple of days a month, counseling seemed to be a major issue for me.  This solves it.

Have a great day everyone.
Stephanie

***  Fade to Black  ***

•  

Cera

I am workin with Dr. Peveller now and he seems really great.  Granted I have only been working wit hm for about a month but I hve my letters and I am schduled for surgery in 1 year with his approval.  I am glad that I found him.
  •  

sneakersjay

I am very glad to hear of people's positive experiences with Dr. Peveller.  It's a great option for those who live in places where resources are scarce, or distance is a factor, etc.

Jay

•  

Elijah3291

i got my letter from him.

He was alright, but when I talked to him again to ask for a surgery letter he got really snippy with me.

You can get a letter from him, but it is obvious that he is just out for your cash
  •  

k9stud26

I have had Dr, Graham L Peveller and he is a great therapist. He is out of the untied kingdom but it is not a Scam he is very much so real and affordable plus very flexible to your schedule ;D he write hormone letters and top or bottom surgery letters and he also offer gender counseling! I'm glad i chose him very nice guy!
  •  

Edge

He was the opposite with me. He asked me why I couldn't just be a tomboy or a butch lesbian (I'm neither butch nor a lesbian and I am not a girl). He told me that all trans men are straight (not all men are straight). He asked way too many questions about sex. He continuously told me that I shouldn't be thinking what I was thinking (no one can dictate what I "should" and "should not" be thinking). When I got understandably mad at that, he said I was negative even though he barely knew me. He didn't listen to anything I said and barely asked me any questions that had to do with gender or anything about myself at all. Then he didn't show up for an appointment and never contacted me about rescheduling. I can't say I'm unhappy about that.
I have no idea why he was great with others and a tool to me. Maybe he was dealing with his own mental health problems. I don't know.
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Edge on December 11, 2012, 09:46:10 AM
He was the opposite with me. He asked me why I couldn't just be a tomboy or a butch lesbian (I'm neither butch nor a lesbian and I am not a girl). He told me that all trans men are straight (not all men are straight). He asked way too many questions about sex. He continuously told me that I shouldn't be thinking what I was thinking (no one can dictate what I "should" and "should not" be thinking). When I got understandably mad at that, he said I was negative even though he barely knew me. He didn't listen to anything I said and barely asked me any questions that had to do with gender or anything about myself at all. Then he didn't show up for an appointment and never contacted me about rescheduling. I can't say I'm unhappy about that.
I have no idea why he was great with others and a tool to me. Maybe he was dealing with his own mental health problems. I don't know.

That's odd. He was well aware of my experiences with men and never even hinted at any bias. He does ask a lot of sex questions but he's old school and that's how things were done. I'm bisexual. I wonder if he feels differently about exclusively gay trans guys.

Odd about the tomboy and butch thing too. He never said anything like that to me. He was very accepting. I tried traditional face to face gender therapy and couldn't do it. I could only open up because of the anonymous like format. He really went out of his way for me, even stepping in when the surgeon I chose wouldn't accept a letter received from online therapy.
Sucks he didn't work out for you though.
  •  

Edge

I'm bi, but haven't been with women so maybe that was it.
  •