Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Will HRT make you sterile?

Started by SarahFaceDoom, October 05, 2009, 03:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SarahFaceDoom

I thought I had read somewhere that it did, but now I can't seem to find anything to confirm it.  I've been on HRT for about 4 years now, and the cum definitely looks different (it's pretty much completely clear). 

I'm mostly asking because my GF doesn't want to use birth control, and we're not very good with the condoms.  I know I won't know for sure without getting tested, but I wanted to find out if it's even possible that I might be sterile?

Neither of us want kids.
  •  

heatherrose

Everyone's physiology is different but I am
sterile after being on HRT for one year

"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

vanna

yes you will be sterile after that amount of time, it can recover a small amount with meds that boost it for those who want sperm storage ect and you would need to stop hrt for a extended time but there are no promises it will.
  •  

Autumn

After 4 years of heavy HRT (which you certainly appear to have had success with...) I'd imagine you would be sterile as isopropyl alcohol. I've read several posts here talking about permanent sterility in the 9-12 month range, if you read some of the threads here in the HRT subforum about the effects of stopping hrt people chime in about what is and isn't reversible. No linked references, though.

If you don't mind me asking, physically, have you remained active the entire time? Several people have posted recently about neglecting their bits while on HRT and the whole "didn't use it, lose it" thing happened. I'm wondering how much atrophy people who actually maintain activity keep. It's actually become a chore to do it every day, but I'm sure that's the healthiest thing to do.
  •  

SarahFaceDoom

I tried to maintain usage of it over the years, so I haven't experienced a ton of atrophy or anything.  It takes a lot longer to orgasm, and sometimes I don't at all.  Which has it's plusses and minuses.  And my libido isn't that much.  But my partner is understanding about it.

Most of the atrophy that I've experienced has been muscular.  I'm significantly weaker than my partner, and I used to be an athlete.  She doesn't really mind too much though, because she's kinda dominant anyways.
  •  

heatherrose

The intensity of my libido has decreased markedly, thankfully.
I have been told and have read that the more "orgasmic" you are
prior to SRS, the more likely you will be able to orgasm afterwards.
So, I have tried to remain "in practice", the "plumbing" is still
operational, though now it does take quite a bit
more "stimulation" to get the job done.
"I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?" - Fred Rogers
  •  

Gabrielle

I've found can still orgasm, but its much more mental, that is I have to be in the mood for it to happen.  But I also have clear cum now, so no lil swimmers after 4 or so years of HRT.
  •  

Steffi

@ SarahFaceDoom - 4 years on HRT and you have cum?  :o
Jeez...... after 9 months on Dutasteride (which slowly stopped working, allowing my T level to return to baseline  >:( )  I started 12-weekly Decapeptyl (tryptoreline) implants.
Whereas on Dutasteride I still had a drop of clear fluid at climax, I have just had my second implant and orgasms are now completely dry. (and a lot less fun too!  :( )

Initial excitement or even interest is very difficult to generate and climaxing often takes some dogged determination - often I fall asleep partway through.

I still try and do it at least once a week though - gotta keep that donor-material healthy :P

As far as sterility goes...... I can't see me getting much of a sperm-count back when I'm handing them an empty sample beaker  ;D

I would also remark that although I have zero sex-drive as such, I do still feel a desire for physical intimacy.  I have a GG friend whom I am very attached to and we have almost "got it on" several times, when the mood is occasionally somehow right.
- WTH would actually happen once we got between-the-sheets I have no idea  :-\....... but I do know that I very much would like it to happen. 
To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)
I started out with nothing..... and I still have most of it left.
  •  

FairyGirl

I have dry orgasms but I have to say I enjoy them a lot more now. I've heard that 18 months on spiro will make you permanently sterile, but for something as important as birth control you're probably better off asking a professional, maybe even having a test done to be sure.
Girls rule, boys drool.
If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come.
  •  

CharleneT

somebody has got to say it ....

You are nuts if you trust HRT to be your birth control.

YES, it does make most sterile and we warn many about that issue.  BUT there is no lock on that at all.  You could easily have "swimmers" and not be able to see 'em.  They are really small.  The cloudiness is not all sperm folks.  Remember it only takes one to make a baby.

•  

SarahFaceDoom

Quote from: CharleneT on October 05, 2009, 09:41:36 PM
somebody has got to say it ....

You are nuts if you trust HRT to be your birth control.

YES, it does make most sterile and we warn many about that issue.  BUT there is no lock on that at all.  You could easily have "swimmers" and not be able to see 'em.  They are really small.  The cloudiness is not all sperm folks.  Remember it only takes one to make a baby.

If you read my first post I said obviously I wouldn't know unless I got tested, but I didn't want to go and get tested for something that was impossible in the first place.  at least now I know that it's probably that I'm sterile, so when I go get tested, it won't be a waste of money.

Sort of tangential to the topic, but do you still cum after an orchi?  I would think you wouldn't, but I don't know.
  •  

Cindy

As another cautionary note.

I have GG friends, she had an ectopic pregnancy and blew her Fallopian tubes. He had a Vas afterwards so there would be no more accidents. He had zero sperm count post V. They have three kids already so didn't want more, particularly with the health risks. Statistical chances of pregnancy zilch.  They are now 2.5 months pregnant.

Take precautions!

Cindy

Cindy
  •  

aubrey

Quote from: CindyJames on October 06, 2009, 04:59:34 AM
As another cautionary note.

I have GG friends, she had an ectopic pregnancy and blew her Fallopian tubes. He had a Vas afterwards so there would be no more accidents. He had zero sperm count post V. They have three kids already so didn't want more, particularly with the health risks. Statistical chances of pregnancy zilch.  They are now 2.5 months pregnant.

Take precautions!

Cindy

Cindy
ermmm....maybe she cheated?
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: SarahFaceDoom on October 06, 2009, 03:03:48 AMSort of tangential to the topic, but do you still cum after an orchi?  I would think you wouldn't, but I don't know.

*achm* I somehow doubt it! I've been totally dry, *zero prostrate output* for almost a year now using Casodex only (no "orchi's" here!) and unless they can somehow learn *how to fly* . . .

;D  ;)
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

CharleneT

Quote from: SarahFaceDoom on October 06, 2009, 03:03:48 AM
If you read my first post I said obviously I wouldn't know unless I got tested, but I didn't want to go and get tested for something that was impossible in the first place.  at least now I know that it's probably that I'm sterile, so when I go get tested, it won't be a waste of money.

Sort of tangential to the topic, but do you still cum after an orchi?  I would think you wouldn't, but I don't know.

I was too strong in my statement, sorry.  I used to work in an IVF lab, you get over zealous about the subject from that. 

But still... if you have a functioning vas deferens there is always a chance that some sperm will mature and go on a hike down the tubes.  Even if one test shows you to have a very low count -- or zero -- another might find some.  We had people with very low/zero counts  see changes upwards routinely.  We were testing (with repeat tests) a lot of folks.
  •  

sweetstars

Quote from: Steffi on October 05, 2009, 08:31:18 PM
@ SarahFaceDoom - 4 years on HRT and you have cum?  :o
Jeez...... after 9 months on Dutasteride (which slowly stopped working, allowing my T level to return to baseline  >:( )  I started 12-weekly Decapeptyl (tryptoreline) implants.
Whereas on Dutasteride I still had a drop of clear fluid at climax, I have just had my second implant and orgasms are now completely dry. (and a lot less fun too!  :( )

Initial excitement or even interest is very difficult to generate and climaxing often takes some dogged determination - often I fall asleep partway through.

I still try and do it at least once a week though - gotta keep that donor-material healthy :P

As far as sterility goes...... I can't see me getting much of a sperm-count back when I'm handing them an empty sample beaker  ;D

I would also remark that although I have zero sex-drive as such, I do still feel a desire for physical intimacy.  I have a GG friend whom I am very attached to and we have almost "got it on" several times, when the mood is occasionally somehow right.
- WTH would actually happen once we got between-the-sheets I have no idea  :-\....... but I do know that I very much would like it to happen.
Dutasteride is not a testosterone blocker, it blocks the formation of DHT.  If you were taking it as a general anti-androgen you were well...misinformed.  The purpose of Dutasteride is to prevent the formation of DHT as a way to treat various prostate issues (and hair loss issues).  Some have Dutasteride in thier hormone regiments because DHT may be causing viralization as supposed to testosterone.

You should know exactly what your regiment does.  Dutasteride can actually increase Testosterone because it prevents the formation of DHT.  From what it is sounding like, you are not a well informed patient, and thought Dutasteride was a general anti-androgen, which its not. 

I should note the infertility thing is a likely possibility, but its not insured 100%. 
  •  

Steffi

I am informed in general as far as Dutasteride goes and know that it specifically targets the conversion site(s), but nonetheless my testosterone level fell to 8% of it's base level, well within female range and well below the target maximum aimed for by my GIC with physical consequences as described above.

The similar Finasteride is frequently given by GIC's over here.
To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fix your plan, Take me as I am (Dreamtheatre - As I Am)
I started out with nothing..... and I still have most of it left.
  •  

shanetastic

Not to bring this to a TMI thread but I sorta might. . .

When you orgasm cum still comes out after that long on HRT?

Is it bad to have nothing come out? I never even thought of this question until I read this.
trying to live life one day at a time
  •  

Flan

Quote from: shanetastic on October 06, 2009, 11:41:24 PM
Not to bring this to a TMI thread but I sorta might. . .

When you orgasm cum still comes out after that long on HRT?

Is it bad to have nothing come out? I never even thought of this question until I read this.

the production of prostate fluid is a... uhhh... personal thing... not that i have any knowledge of orgasm with a little extra... nope  :angel:

(and no, there isn't anything wrong with a dry O)
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

Teena89

i saw wanted to post this! yea i knw wat u mean gurlfriend

teena
  •