Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

POLL: MTF Breast Growth after HRT (where pain was felt behind nipple)

Started by Dana Lane, October 10, 2009, 05:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How long after starting HRT did your breasts begin to develop?

1 Month
186 (46%)
2 Months
111 (27.5%)
3 Months
45 (11.1%)
4 Months
19 (4.7%)
5 Months
8 (2%)
6 Months
8 (2%)
7 Months
1 (0.2%)
8 Months
1 (0.2%)
9 Months
1 (0.2%)
10 Months
3 (0.7%)
11 Months
0 (0%)
1 Year to 1.5 Years
3 (0.7%)
1.5 Years and up
3 (0.7%)
Didn't develop
15 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 339

Salena

Quote from: JackieMarie on August 31, 2012, 02:36:16 AM
I guess mine started growing around 3 months in. They were noticeable at 4.5 months. I will say, they grow separately and at their own pace left leads, right was slightly smaller for a while but seems to have evened out. At 7 months they fill an a cup bra. Im 21 years old, 5'9.5" and 145lbs, bmi around 21. Im a healthy weight without much fat. im pleased with them and think its possible they are slower because of my build, but probably not by much.

Just past the three month mark after beginning injections and my left nipple is raised and hard whilst my right nipple is hardly doing anything, though the breasts themselves are growing much the same, is this normal?
  •  

Trisha

Salena welcome to the forum.
Not to worry, as not all womens breasts develop at exactly the same rate. Also, even in Cis women, breasts can be asymmetrical. In your case it is much too early to draw any conclusions so enjoy the ride.  :angel:
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Salena on September 25, 2012, 06:52:34 PM
Just past the three month mark after beginning injections and my left nipple is raised and hard whilst my right nipple is hardly doing anything, though the breasts themselves are growing much the same, is this normal?

The "hard" part under your left nipple is probably glandular tissue forming.  That would be the lobules and milk ducts.

Your breasts will take shape with the distribution of adipose (fatty) tissue to the area.  It is not at all unusual that the grow at different rates.  My right one was always a little ahead of the left, but then in the course of six months, the left one shot ahead.

Tits.  What can I say?
  •  

Rita

Within the first month I could feel the tickling and weirdness. Things were changing for sure, it is a gradual process.  They seem to have this wierd growth cycle...

1. Pain, or itchyness
2. Snoopy nose!!!!!
3. Fills out and rounds a little
4. Repeat step 1 until end of puberty.

Really exciting every time theres a little pain/itchy it means they are growing more O-o
  •  

LizMarie

I've been on HRT two weeks and am beginning to notice tenderness in the breast area. My endocrinologist, who has been doing this since 1975, starts his patients on E first because it is also a T-suppressor in its own right. He gets the E level where he wants, then checks the remaining T level and adds anti-androgens (sometimes not needed) to balance it out. He adds progesterone sometime after 15-18 months to help promote breast growth, then tapers it out a few years later. But as everyone says, HRT is not an exact science so each doctor will have their own methods that work for them.
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.

~ Cara Elizabeth
  •  

judithlynn

Hi Liz Marie,
When I first transitioned I was in my late 20's then early 30s. My endocrinologist first put me in Stilboestrol, but soon moved me onto estradiol and then over time to Premarin. The GIC started me on really low dasages and in those days no T Blockers. I reckon it must have been 6 months with virtually no progress except skin changes, emotional changes and of course no erections. Then I was sent abroad. I had my letters from Dr Russel Reid and the GIC and presented them to my endocrinologist in Australia. She was shocked how little growth I had achieved after so long on E. She immediately put me onto Injections of Primogyn Depot weekly in the thigh. I had to go to my GP for them. After 1 month I was already seeing breast buds, then she doubled my dose on the injections and made the injections once a fortnight. I would then feel  an euphoric hit about 2 hours safter the injection with a flood of estroigen in my system and from then onwards my breasts, hips and bottom all started to blossom with curves. My nipples became large and erect She also put me onto a 21 day cycle of Progesterone and after one month, my breasts start to lactate. She advised the use of a breast pump (both breasts) as that wiuld increase lactation an in the process build the milk producing lobuli. It rreally worked although the amount of milk I produced was very small for the effort involved, although in fact quite pleasurable. Unfortunately when I got back to the UK, my my local endocrinologist put me back onto the Premarin although a much bigger dose, but she was worried about the Progesterone so I wouldnt give a Prescription for that.18 months later I was back in Australia and luckily  my OZ endocrinologist put me back ontro the Injections which I continued until I decided to de-transition . 

What I have now is A Cup - to small B- Cup breasts with large pink Aureola and very erect nipples, a rounded bottom and a slight hips.  My nipples are also very evident as they are very firm under a tight T-Shirt. But unfortunately when you stop the E you start putting weight back onto the Abdomen.

Hugs
JudithLynn
:-*
Hugs

•  

KindredCoda

Hi all! This is my first post here.

I started taking hormones in January, and my dose was very low. After a 3 month check-up, and my health seems to be doing well, I was given a larger dose to slowly ramp up on.

I'm in my third week of the increasingly higher doses (I max out this week, no giant side effects), and I'm having the soreness! I never thought I'd be so thrilled to have tender nipples... :-)
  •  

generous4

All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.    
          - Winston Churchill
http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/34328.html
  •  

Berti_in_Ba

I started my transition last April on fairly high doses of E (Pills and eventually added in a cream as well) to maintain a 200 E Level, Spiro AM & PM, and Progesterone at Bedtime.

After 1 year I am a nearly "B" cup with some pain behind my nipples, which goes away after a fairly vigorous massage. I learned from another t-girl early on not to baby them, but to wake up and vigorously massage each one, and the pain goes away instantly. Also wearing a well fitting bra has helped reduce the pain as well.

I hope this helps others.

Love Berti

Modified to remove dosages
MTF progressing towards her final stages of transition. Next up is my facial and body surgery; then my final transition to being a total woman! Been a long & hard fought journey but in the end, it has definately been worth the wait  ;D[/left]

Nature chooses who will be transgender
individuals don't choose this.
~ Mercedes
  •  

stephongc

I have been on and off hormones for a while and am currently on a fairly high dose of endo. prescribed and medically diagnosed T blockers and E.  Tonight (after nearly 2 weeks) my left chest hurt like hell.  I mean hurt.  Thank goodness the pain went away.  I was on hormones about 2 months ago and went off them as my nipples were standing to attention and I guess I just was shocked.  One thing is for sure for me.  Breast growth started early with me.  I am not noticing the nipples stand up this time and I am not noticing any hardness that people often talk about. 

I had a T-Girl almost abuse me suggesting that it is impossible to get breast growth until after 6 months.  This certainly doesn't match my experience or research.  I guess because I am just over 40yrs old, my endo put me on high dosages of mones.  I am really curious to know if there is anyone out there who has felt something similar at around the 2 week mark?
  •  

Jenna Marie

I don't know who can say it's impossible... uncommon, maybe, but possible. I had soreness and visible growth at 5 days. :) I was and am on a low dose of E only, too.

(And the nipples being constantly hard thing lasted for months. SO annoying.)
  •  

Catherine Sarah

In fact it was less than a month. Approx 3 days after administering my first patch, the tingling and sharp pain jabs started. After the first week I had recorded a quarter of an inch growth.

Huggs
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

shellieb81

Hi everyone my name is shellie and im still a man and im 33years old and its took me since i was 16 years old to go to my doctors to get referred to a genger therapist so im now glad im goin tomorro so im wanting to share to everyone my story as time goes on so any tips that anyone can give me please email me and would like to say that i was and still am wearin a silocone breasts size 34d and i have now got my life on track now all i need to do is cross my fingers that my gp referrs me to the gender therapist xxx
i am willing to meet up with other transwoman and i can swop contact details too im now on the hrt pills so here is my first day 28/03/14
  •  

Apples Mk.II

The first time HRT the pain started at 14 days, point at which stopped (I did something a bit stupid, but not what you think).  On the second time, pain started at 4 days, and changes in two weeks.

Anyways, I got stalled for months, and just two or three ago things started to speed up until I finally have a decent round form. Sadly, still an A on 11 months and hopping I will reach a B before the implants.
  •  

Rachel

1st week nipples were tender. 2nd reek the buds started to form. Week three buds got to a pea size.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

Ruth Ruthless

Mine started "talking" to me at 6 weeks and by ten weeks I noticed spurts of growth. Now I just finished three months and I got double a. The pain for me is dull and touching my boobs when they "talk" to me is very enjoyable for me. I guess the pain is light for me and that I enjoy pain if it's small because there is also a pleasant tingling I feel with it. In other words my boobs may be small but they feel awesome :-)
  •  

GingerMaxim

It's only been 2.5 weeks for me, but the first and 2nd week my breasts were very itchy. Now nothing. One thing that changed was my Suprefact was labeled incorrectly so i was taking 2 puffs in each nostril 2/daily instead of 1 puff each nostril twice daily. Not sure if not having as much T blocker would make a difference?

I do have a question some one else asked. I have sports bras and would like to wear them as it helped with the itchiness. Is wearing a sports bra BAD as would it halt breast growth? Or is it just bad over all to wear any type of bra in the beginning stages? Yes I am very naive and really don't know the right thing to do.

So far I have not noticed any nipple buds, nipple growth or areola growth at all in 2.5 weeks.

I am on Estrace, prometrium and suprefact daily.

Love to hear from you all.
Luv Ginger
  •  

KayXo

Suprefact is LhRh agonist and at first, will increase your body's production of androgens but after 2-3 weeks, your testicles should shut down completely. Estrace slightly reduces your body's production of hormones as well and exerts some additional anti-androgenic activity intracellularly. So, give it a few weeks. Prometrium won't do much in that respect but can complement or counter some of the effects of Estrace, helping feminization or not and providing other benefits as well but the jury is still out on whether it's absolutely necessary for everyone. 

Usually within 1-2 months of starting HRT, breasts should start to get sore and/or grow, with knot under the nipple slowly forming.

I don't think wearing a bra or not will affect breast development. It's a matter of personal comfort and choice. You decide. Best of luck. :)
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

GingerMaxim

I'm now at 3 weeks and still no ball behind my nipples. I swear my chest measurement has increased though, but measuring your self isn't the best way to do it and not very accurate.

I was told by an online friend that since I have muscular developed pecs from working out in my past, that my pec muscle will turn to fatty breast tissue is this true and possible? Right now my breasts are quite firm and hard, because of my pec muscles.

Ginger.
  •  

KayXo

I think with time due to less androgen and more estrogen, muscle in that area will gradually atrophy while fat will accumulate.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •