Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

HRT and breast growth

Started by tunak, June 30, 2010, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tunak

so im not familiar with breast growth in both ggs and mtfs but ii have noticed lumps in both my breasts. i had a hard lump that started under the nipple, but now they have expanded and i noticed a few more lumps (my boobs have grown). Not sure if this is normal and if these lumps are actually expanding tissues... anyone have any experience with this? thanks mucho :)
  •  

cynthialee

Sounds about right. Just wait until the itching and dull pain set in....
:)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

Bam

When i started i got a round hard type circle under the nipple that got saw and they would itch usually alternating from one side then the other,then finally they softened up,but still itch occasionally.In the early stages when i was on Spiro Dr.told me it would make them tender and sore,which lasted until i came off it.But when they jiggled it was well worth it!!!
  •  

Nigella

Quote from: TristanV on June 30, 2010, 10:41:40 AM
so im not familiar with breast growth in both ggs and mtfs but ii have noticed lumps in both my breasts. i had a hard lump that started under the nipple, but now they have expanded and i noticed a few more lumps (my boobs have grown). Not sure if this is normal and if these lumps are actually expanding tissues... anyone have any experience with this? thanks mucho :)

Hi TristanV,

Hard painful lumps under the nipples would probably be the development of breast buds. After that stage the breasts fill out with redistribution of fat to more of the female figure. The breasts buds turn softer over time. Pain is not always associated with growth but is a good indicator. There are five stages of breast growth in GG's but rarely due transsexual women reach the fifth stage (some do). These stages are called "Tanner" below is a cut and past from a source on breast growth for natal women. Most is also relevant for MtF's. Most MtF's could expect to reach Tanner stage III at least.

In the first stage (during childhood) the breasts are flat. Next comes the breast bud stage. In it, the nipple and breast are slightly raised as milk ducts and the fat tissue begin to form. Also, the areola begins to enlarge. The very early breast bud is something you might easily miss, because the change from flat breasts is so slight. The only difference is that the nipple area begins to look a little 'puffy'.

Next, the breast itself starts to get bigger. Often this happens initially in a conical shape, and later on in a rounder shape. The areola begins to darken and get "puffier".

In these initial stages of breast development, it is the hormone estrogen that drives the development, causing fat to be deposited in the breast, and the milk ducts to grow. This is the time for the biggest growth in size.

After the girl gets her period, the ovaries start producing progesterone, and that changes things. Progesterone causes the milk glands to develop at the ends of the milk ducts. This development causes less visible growth size-wise, but is very important for the job!

Some − but not all − girls go through a stage where the nipple and the areola form a separate mound from the actual breast ("mound on mound").

The whole process from the breast bud stage till the pubertal development is over usually takes about 3-5 years, but for some girls it may take close to 10 years.

During breast growth, you may experience some pain and hurt or tenderness in your breasts. That is normal. Also, the skin may be itching, which is a sign that the skin is stretching.

Note also that after breast development during puberty, the breast is still NOT considered mature or fully developed.  Only pregnancy brings about the fullness of breast growth and development.

The breast development can start as early as 8 years or as late as 13 years.  If a girl does not have breast buds nor pubic hair, which are the first signs of puberty, by age 14, it is recommended that she see a doctor. The same is true if a girl does not get her period by age 15 - this is called delayed puberty, and there are several possible reasons for it. It is advisable to visit a doctor.

Though most of this development is over in a few years after getting your period, many girls get slightly rounder and fuller breasts in their early twenties. It is the time whey they naturally get even more feminine and mature appearance with "curves", leaving the skinny teenage look behind.

Occasionally, a girl's breasts keep growing and keep growing past the typical development timeframe, and become very large. This condition where the breasts don't stop growing is called juvenile macromastia and juvenile gigantomastia - also called virginal (or juvenile) hypertrophy of the breasts. This lady may have suffered from it.

What about those "Tanner stages"?

In medical circles, breast development is sometimes divided into five stages according to Tanner. These stages of Tanner describe the physical appearance of the breast and do NOT describe "what is going on inside", or the development of milk ducts and glands.

They are just some general notions of how growing breasts often look like — something that a doctor can easily observe from the outside when he needs to judge the pubertal development.

HOWEVER, since the Tanner stages only describe the outside appearance and have little do with the inside development, you should not worry about these. Women's breasts vary SO MUCH in appearance that you simply cannot apply Tanner stages to every girl's breasts.

Sorry for long post but I hope that helps.

Stardust

PS, when I found these breast buds I had then checked out at my doc's just in case. They didn't know much about the effects of HRT on MtF's so got in touch with the hospital's consultant and he came back with the breast bud answer. So best to get things checked out anyway for peace of mind. Any lump needs to be investigated especially in the breast.

x
  •