Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Gender Therapist online?

Started by SkylitLove, July 21, 2010, 06:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkylitLove

So I've looked and looked and can't find anything in my area.. at least closer than 40 minute which just won't really work for me and the living situation I'm in.

I've heard that people on this site have used an online therapist before and it worked without any problems.
This one is supposedly pretty popular:
http://www.gendertherapist.com/

Can anyone verify if it's legit and will work well?
  •  

Nero

Yep. that's my doctor. He is legit and has license to treat UK, US, and Canadian clients as far as I know. Maybe others. He used to work in the UK in a traditional setting but now is online due to living in the Philippines. I got both my HRT and surgery letters from him.

There's nothing wrong with online therapy. I actually preferred it because it was difficult for me to talk about my gender issues face to face. There's also no worry the therapist will judge you based on presentation. Not for everybody but more convenient and comfortable for some.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Zack

Quote from:  link=topic=81078.msg566683#msg566683 date=1279722880
Yep. that's my doctor. He is legit and has license to treat UK, US, and Canadian clients as far as I know. Maybe others. He used to work in the UK in a traditional setting but now is online due to living in the Philippines. I got both my HRT and surgery letters from him.

There's nothing wrong with online therapy. I actually preferred it because it was difficult for me to talk about my gender issues face to face. There's also no worry the therapist will judge you based on presentation. Not for everybody but more convenient and comfortable for some.

Never knew you could get therapy online, just out of interest how many sessions did you have with him before getting your HRT letter?
"Politics is the art of controlling your environment."

•  

Sarah Louise

https://www.susans.org/cgi-bin/tseek/go.cgi?id=8191

This is the one I used online, she is very good and will work with you on the cost (or she did with me anyway).

Sarah L.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Addison on July 21, 2010, 10:20:41 AM
Never knew you could get therapy online, just out of interest how many sessions did you have with him before getting your HRT letter?

I don't remember the number of sessions, but it took about 3 or 4 months. I started with him about January of last year and had HRT in April and top surgery in May of that year. He goes by the SOC guideline of about 3 months for HRT.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

greginprogress

I'm presently seeing a therapist face to face, but he has little knowledge about transgender people.  He is honest about this, but I don't know how well it will work out.  I have researched online therapy as well, and it seems to be worthwhile.  I am giving this fellow another three sessions, before I decide if he's worth it.  The site described is on I have been considering.
  •  

SkylitLove

Thanks a bunch everyone. I'm working on getting everything started with this site now.
  •  

Alun C

Well.. This definitely seems like a better alternative than driving 30 minutes away.... But my main problem is -- How much/ or about how much did you guys pay for each session? I have to be able to atleast pay my own therapist sessions... My mums the type to say "Only if you plan on paying for it yourself."

Thanks a bunch! :DD

<3 Alun
  •  

Zoi

LIVE LOVE AND FORGIVE
  •  

SkylitLove

Didn't realize this was getting any more posts.

But anyways, I've gone to three sessions so far. Well, two.. I tend to check the topics I posted on here in the middle of a session while he's typing or something. Just started the third.

But it's legit and everything. He's pretty easy to work with. Since I'm a student, sessions are 40 dollars each. It takes 3 months/ 12 sessions before he'll write a letter of recommendation for HRT.
  •  

Chrissty

Just a note for those of us from the UK who might be thinking of using this service...

....that Graham Pevellers UK licence appears to have expired (check out the bottom of his homepage).

http://genderconsult.com/Therapist.html

Chrissty
  •  

Meepit

Quote from: Chrissty on September 14, 2010, 03:40:43 PM
Just a note for those of us from the UK who might be thinking of using this service...

....that Graham Pevellers UK licence appears to have expired (check out the bottom of his homepage).

http://genderconsult.com/Therapist.html

Chrissty
Whoa that seems a bit sketchy  :o. It's been expired (or not updated) for about 10 months.
  •  

padfoots666

how often did you meet (e.g. once a week, twice a week) and how much is the rate per session? And how long is one session?

He's still registered according to this site. He probably forgot to update his website.
http://www.counselling.ltd.uk/member/9036.html
  •  

padfoots666

Answers anybody? Anybody who can contact ? I don't seem to be allowed to send him a message or look at his profile =P
  •  

Nero

Hi padfoot

Once a week for an hour as I recall. He has different rates and packages from when i used him which was about a year and a half give or take ago.

You need 15 posts to view profiles and pm. You can ask me more here if you like.
  •  

padfoots666

I think I'm going for Melissa.

Is there a minimum number of sessions to be diagnosed with GID? She says I can get a T letter after just 4-6 sessions.

http://www.brandnewdaycounseling.com/
  •  

meh

min is 4 sessions with Melissa. OH nm I thought you meant getting T. I have no idea about a diagnosis. I already "diagnosed" myself, just going to therapy to get my T letter etc.
  •