Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

confusion at work

Started by Semiopathy, October 05, 2010, 05:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Semiopathy

???

I am sort of mid-way through transition right now. I have been on HRT for a time, and all the clothes I wear are female, although not overtly feminine.. and I have grown my hair down to about the middle of my back.

So, starting mid-August I have been working for a large, glbt friendly company.. and its going really well! I am happy with the company, and feel generally supported, although I am not out at my work yet.  All of my immediate co-workers seem to think I am male, which is great, they have all been really nice. However, in my work I have to interact with many other company employees, who don't know me, and many of them think I am female.  :-X I generally don't try to discourage them from thinking that, as I feel my gender (perceived or otherwise) has no real bearing on my job.

The one time it does matter, however, is when I use the men's restroom, which I use since I am not out yet at work. It seems almost daily that some one is confused by my presence there. I haven't had any terribly negative reactions yet, but I don't want this to become an issue with management. With less than 2 months at this company, I would rather not raise any issues right now.
  •  

Vicky

Whichever restroom -- Go in, use the enclosed toilet and sit down with toes forward.  Do your business, wash your hands quickly and exit. 

If the company is as open and accepting as you say, go ask someone in HR, or ask you boss if you should just come on out!!  That will end all confusion. 
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •