Jillian Weiss is an Associate Professor of Law and Society at Ramapo College of New Jersey and the author of the following book:
- Weiss, Jillian (2007). Transgender Workplace Diversity: Policy Tools, Training Issues and Communication Strategies for HR and Legal Professionals. ISBN 1419673289. OCLC 175285149.
She has conducted research involving hundreds of companies and public agencies that have adopted "gender identity" policies. She publishes a popular blog on the subject of Transgender Workplace Diversity, and has numerous research publications on the subject of gender identity. Links to these are found below.
Dr. Weiss is a major trans voice as a contributor to a number of LGBT blogs, such as the Bilerico Project, and has done a great deal of important work towards motivating the LGBT community to lobby for the federal Employment Non Discrimination Act (ENDA).
Dr. Weiss is also Principal Consultant for Jillian T. Weiss & Associates, a consulting firm that works with organizations on transgender workplace diversity issues. She has trained hundreds of employees at corporations, law firms, universities and governmental organizations, including Harvard University, Boeing, HSBC, KPMG, Viacom, and the New York City Department of Homeless Services. Her work has been featured in news stories by the New York Times, Associated Press, Fortune Small Business Magazine, the Society for Human Resource Management, Workforce Management Magazine, and HR Executive Magazine, which may be viewed below.
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "Jillian Weiss"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles