General Discussions > Christianity

A Resource for your pastor

(1/3) > >>

BeverlyAnn:
    <Moderator note:   Removed old dead-end LINK>

If you are a member of a church, openly <transgender> and your pastor has problems with or questions about <transgender>, here's an excellent resource written by a Presbyterian minister and gender therapist.

Bev

BeverlyAnn:

--- Quote from: Kiera on February 23, 2007, 04:08:19 am ---My therapist knows and has collaborated with Erin quite a bit in the past and for once I feel fortunate to be living in the Atlanta area.

--- End quote ---

Are you seeing Virginia?  And being TG in Atlanta is a lot better than being TG in say, Cordele.  ;)

--- Quote --- “Does everything have to be about gender, about how you look, about chatting with your support group friends?”
--- End quote ---

I did a seminar on this topic called "The Balancing Act" at SCC a few years ago although it was primarily aimed at married CD's.  Virginia and Erin both attended as my "expert witnesses" to handle the really hard questions.

Bev

David W. Shelton:
This topic is stickied... good information here, folks!

cindianna_jones:
Yes it is excellent information.  When Bev posted it in February, I actually provided a link to it from my blogs.  It's not only good for the pastor folks!

Cindi

Chandra21:
Thats cool and all, except the members of my religion are closeminded and believe everything their "Prophets" tell them... even if archeology, scientific or medical discoveries prove otherwise. I am probably one of the few Mormons (and I was as closemind as the rest once) that does not believe the church is true. I believe in their concept of god and the afterlife (save for the fact that I think God is probably female) and nothing more (because of this I refuse to go through their mason like temple rituals). I'll try to show my bishop this though i'm pretty sure I know what the response will be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version