Author Topic: Non-Binary Introductions  (Read 95728 times)

Offline omalleytac

• Visitor
Re: Non-Binary Introductions
« Reply #860 on: April 18, 2017, 05:06:18 am »
My birth name is Sarah, sometimes I go by Jack.
I consider myself genderfluid, two spirit, androgyne, gender neutral. I am 25.

***TW:Genitalia Talk***

I am confused about my genitalia. I am fine having a woman's body but I mainly hate my vagina.
I would prefer to have a penis or no genitalia at all.

***TW:abuse***

I have been sexually abused most of my life and I feel that the abuse partly had an impact on how I view
having a vagina. However, I was never really comfortable with my vagina to begin with.

So, I feel a bit out of place...

I've been told it's not okay for me to want to identify as intersex, even though I always had felt I should have been
born with both a functioning penis and vagina. (although I understand it is fairly uncommon)

I'm confused...

Offline Tessa James

• Family
  • Enjoying this self liberation
« Reply #861 on: April 19, 2017, 10:04:58 am »
Hello Omalleytac,

Welcome to a good Place to sort things out.  As you can see there are hundreds of thousands of folks who deal with questions, confusion and gender identity.

Your unique perspectives and history can be shared and ideas explored.

Abuse is tragically too common but need not define the rest of our lives.

See ya around Jack.
Open, out and evolving queer trans woman with HRT support since March 13, 2013

Offline cornbread

• Visitor
« Reply #862 on: May 03, 2017, 06:45:15 pm »
Hi, so I'm cornbread, I joined the forum a few weeks back and then got distracted and now I'm back.

I knew I was somewhere in the middle ever since I was a teenager, now I'm 29, have come out to friends and family as nonbinary and using they/them and a new gender-neutral name and it's terrific. For a while I thought I might be a trans man but my brief infatuation with the idea of being fully male has subsided for now, and I'm happy being my androgynous self (but some of my friends call me he/him because they have trouble with using the singular "they." Compromises compromises.)

Hope to be around for a while.

Offline Tessa James

• Family
  • Enjoying this self liberation
« Reply #863 on: May 05, 2017, 01:07:00 pm »
Hi, so I'm cornbread, I joined the forum a few weeks back and then got distracted and now I'm back.

I knew I was somewhere in the middle ever since I was a teenager, now I'm 29, have come out to friends and family as nonbinary and using they/them and a new gender-neutral name and it's terrific. For a while I thought I might be a trans man but my brief infatuation with the idea of being fully male has subsided for now, and I'm happy being my androgynous self (but some of my friends call me he/him because they have trouble with using the singular "they." Compromises compromises.)

Hope to be around for a while.

Hey Cornbread,

Whatcha cooking up lately? ;)  Welcome to the non binary part of the forums.  As you likely know there are many many more folks these days who identify somewhere within the NB spectrum.  It seems like new terms, labels, expressions and gender identities are being discussed and recognized these days.  The trans narratives used to feel rather restrictive and narrow but young folks especially seem to be busting the doors off in favor of their unique perspectives and individual authenticity.  I salute your coming out, androgyny and ability to compromise.  Good on ya as our Aussie friends say :D
Open, out and evolving queer trans woman with HRT support since March 13, 2013

Offline Deb Roz

• Visitor
« Reply #864 on: Today at 04:38:24 pm »
Hi Everyone, 

I'm Deb,  36/M, and I'm seriously questioning my gender for the first time.  I've flirted with my feminine side for my whole life.  When I was much younger, I learned to keep my cards close to my chest, because of the fear of ostracization from my peer group or straight up violence.  Then, over time, those behaviors became second-nature.

I'm not sure why, maybe it's because my brother is mid-transition FTM, but I've really started to want to express my femininity lately.  So, I found Susan's place, and I've really gotten a lot from reading about the experiences here.  I started out mostly checking the MTF boards, but now I am interested in the Non-binary identity. 

While I ache to be feminine, I don't hate my masculinity.  I'm mostly okay with it.  What I'm not okay with is feeling stifled and repressed.  Those feelings are very powerful, and I am terrified at the idea of 'coming out' to my family and friends.  And yet, I can't help but explore my dysphoria and the feeling that my gender expression is incomplete. 

Anyway, I'm rambling.  I do that a lot :)  Thank you so much for this wonderful community.  I am very thankful to have somewhere to talk about this.