Community Conversation > Transgender talk

Suicide Resources--Phone, Websites, Text, Chat

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sheala:
I volunteer for translifeline and we are always looking for volunteers to help answer calls. we are completely volunteer based and all gender nonconforming. the basis behind it is who understands transgender issues and what we are going through then on of us.

The number of calls that we have been receiving have been getting more and more, and unfortunately we lack the steady man power to answer them all.

Lunacorn:
I used to work this warmline... its open to any area and does not call crisis on people.

Its a great community of people and I wouldnt offer a line I don't believe in

Everyone is well trained in IPS and other trainings to provide good support.

fri - mon 8p - 12 midnight EST

Lunacorn:
also I have struggled connecting to translifeline are they still active?

ForLexGal:
I think the things you covered through the post are quiet impressive, good job and great efforts. I found it very interesting and enjoyed reading all of it…keep it up, lovely job..

Yeti:
Heyas its Yeti.  I'm usually found in the chat rooms its my social life.  But whenever someone comes in talking suicidal in some ways we give the info and sometimes local numbers if we know that person is in our area.  However I always like to mention myself so they know they are not alone and can get strong again.  I do not go into serious details however I started in 5th grade at 10 years old and intermittently tried then stopped when I was 27.  Growing up trans isn't easy on its own then my family doesn't accept me either. It really does make us stronger.  I feel its a good way to connect and show that hey I did it and so can you.  So many of us know the reality and know others we have lost to suicide.  We can also connect by mentioning those friends without too much detail of course and possibly make a difference for those in the darkest places we know well.  Sending positive energies to all have a great day, week, month, year or life if you need it!
Yeti

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version