Community Conversation > Transgender talk

Made my next step, but now feel really down

<< < (2/4) > >>

LostInTime:
Sorry to read that it is going to take so long but I am sure the time will fly by before you know it.  :)

I had a shock when I made my initial appointment for my endoc.  I had to schedule three months out so there I was with hormone letter in hand and counting down the days.  Then when I did get to see her it took two weeks to get the first set of blood results back and then I had to have some others panels done, etc, etc.

Sarah Louise:
Your right, the system isn't designed to make things easy or quick.  I think sometimes they purposely make things slow to give more time to think before acting.

Sarah

Cassandra:

--- Quote ---Then when I did get to see her it took two weeks to get the first set of blood results back and then I had to have some others panels done, etc, etc.
--- End quote ---

In the words of the great Rosanne Rosanna Danna, "If it's not one thing it's another."  ;D >:D :angel: ;D

LostInTime:
It was my choice to see someone who is highly regarded or try and find someone on my own.  My very first endoc was an <not allowed> and endangered my life by just wanting to collect money from me every three months on injections.  He never did any bloodwork at all.  Plus I rarely saw him, he usually had a student come in and chat with me for a few minutes (same conversation every time) and then he would pop in, inject, and wave goodbye.  $80 please.

My new endoc rocks and is very well respected in the field and by the community and I am glad that I opted to wait rather than just rushing to get back on hormones.

cjbutterfly:
Lyn, I too went through the British NHS, and when I went to Charing Cross, my psych appointments were once every six months, tho that was eventually moved up to every four months.

The wait is very frustrating, but the time can be used to think about your situation, and take up self analasys, a process that is quite necessary for you to be 100% sure that transitioning is the right thing for you to do.

Be patient, use the time to becoming more accustomed to living as a female, your battles are to come, and you'll need all of the mental, and emotional strength you can muster.

KWIM

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version