Community Conversation > Male to female transsexual talk (MTF)

Is it for me?

(1/4) > >>

YouTellMe:
For the last 10 years of my life or so, I can remember always wanting to be a woman. I never knew why, I just did. I’m only 17 now and just started reading into TG and SRS. I myself never cross-dressed so I really don’t know if that means anything. If I do plan on starting a sex change, I would go all the way. Breast augmentation is really the only one I don’t know if I will do. It would depend on how the hormone therapy would go. I’ve done some reading at a few websites. And have learned a lot from them. I live in Ohio so that also means problems with having documents changed. But I really want to know if this is something I should go through, or should I continue living life as a man.
If there is something else you need to know, just ask.

Thanks for the support
-YouTellMe

Edit:
After reading a few posts here, I’ve noticed people talking about therapists. Is this something I should have? I’m also in my last year of school, so things there shouldn’t be a problem. I’m just now looking into HRT, SRS and things related. So this really may not even be something I should through. But, it’s always nice to know I have choices.

Kimberly:

--- Quote from: YouTellMe on October 07, 2005, 05:06:58 pm ---...
I myself never cross-dressed so I really don’t know if that means anything.
--- End quote ---
Cross-dressing is not a requirement. Some of us do and some of us do not.

But I really want to know if this is something I should go through, or should I continue living life as a man.
--- End quote ---

I advise that you should never let anyone tell you that.

Edit:
After reading a few posts here, I’ve noticed people talking about therapists. Is this something I should have? I’m also in my last year of school, so things there shouldn’t be a problem. I’m just now looking into HRT, SRS and things related. So this really may not even be something I should through. But, it’s always nice to know I have choices.

--- End quote ---

Therapy is usually advisable. Given that you seem to be trying to decide in what direction you wish to go, I think that it would be prudent to seek out therapy soon.

Devi Ever:

--- Quote from: Kimberly on October 07, 2005, 05:38:49 pm ---Given that you seem to be trying to decide in what direction you wish to go, I think that it would be prudent to seek out therapy soon.

--- End quote ---

+1

You should definitely start doing some research into therapists in your area who have experience with transgender-types.

Andrea James has a great website with info on transitioning.  Here is a link to her page on choosing a therapist :

http://www.tsroadmap.com/mental/therapy.html

devi-

stephanie_craxford:

--- Quote from: YouTellMe on October 07, 2005, 05:06:58 pm ---For the last 10 years of my life or so, I can remember always wanting to be a woman. I never knew why, I just did. I’m only 17 now and just started reading into TG and SRS. I myself never cross-dressed so I really don’t know if that means anything. If I do plan on starting a sex change, I would go all the way. Breast augmentation is really the only one I don’t know if I will do. It would depend on how the hormone therapy would go. I’ve done some reading at a few websites. And have learned a lot from them. I live in Ohio so that also means problems with having documents changed. But I really want to know if this is something I should go through, or should I continue living life as a man.
If there is something else you need to know, just ask.

Thanks for the support
-YouTellMe

Edit:

--- End quote ---

Hello You

Firstly welcome to Susan's, I think that you will enjoy it here, there are lots of interesting people here, with lots of interesting points of view.  Please ensure that you read the rules, and take part in where you can, we always welcome new points of view.  So relax and enjoy.

Kimberly is right,  considering the consequences of possibly transitioning, therapy is recommended.  Who knows why you feel the way you do, one thing I do know is that I can't tell you why, why you have always felt that you wanted to be a woman.  There seems to be enough doubt in your post that therapy would be recommended, if nothing else but to validate your feelings.

One is for certain we "ALWAYS" have choices, it's what we do with them that makes the difference.  I think that you are getting a little ahead by looking into SRS, HRT, etc... before you know what you are, this should be considered afterwards.   By talking about going all the way, breast augmentation and the like, you are limiting those choices.

I think that the one important question that a therapist would ask is "why" you have always wanted to be a woman.  I've always wanted to be rich, but that doesn't make me a millionaire.

Just my thoughts,  :)

Steph

YouTellMe:
Thanks for teh welcome, I think I'll learn much here. And it’s nice to know that I can get answers within the same day! It's ver helpful.

I guess I don’t need someone to say, yes, this would be something great for you to go through. Or maybe I do, just something that ells me yes, what your going through is fairly normal for a person in your situation. That would at least put me at ease.

To be honest, I haven’t been honest with myself, I just said I was weird and went on with life. But now that I’m going to be on my own soon, and I can barely manage my self as it is. When I “Go out into the world” I don’t feel right, like something isn’t there.

Maybe I have rushed into the surgical side of this. But to be honest, I don’t know much. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do

And thanks again for your responses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version