Author Topic: Madelinisms (pithy the fool!)  (Read 1772 times)

Offline MadelineB

• Life? Yes, Ma'am. It also comes in "Happy".
  • Maddie Modification Fund: Well spent.
    • B-Hive (my personal blog)
Madelinisms (pithy the fool!)
« on: September 04, 2012, 02:27:43 am »
This thread is for those short pithy witty or wisey things that I scribble to try to remember an important thought or idea. I'll try to say what they mean to me too. -Madeline
-----------------

'When life give's me a pounding,
 I make pound cake!'
~MadelineB

The best things in life often come out of the worst, when we take the time to recognize we have the ingredients for something good, even though it is not at all what we had planned. Sometimes life breaks things loose in ways that I would never have the courage to do myself because it would hurt too much. But if my eggs are already broken and my sugar is already spilt, then I guess I can give myself permission to fire up the oven and get this batter ready to bake.

Have your cake and eat it too.
Then bake another cake, for two!
~MadelineB

The difference between scarcity and abundance when it comes to love, friendship, joy, the intangibles, is often the difference between A: hoarding what little I have left and trying not to and trying to keep it from disappearing, and B: enjoying whatever I have and making more of it to share. (Like cake, love and friendship always has takers when it is ready to dive into. People are just afraid to commit to the hard work of making it when it's been taken away from them in the past)

Here in the bucket of unique souls,
even the one of a kind person is more alike than not.
~MadelineB

I am never as alone, as unfathomable, as incomprehensible, as weird, freaky, unknowable, unlikeable, unloveable as I think. It is these very feelings that make me part of a very large family here in the real section of life. Isolation starts and ends in my head.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive

Offline MadelineB

Re: Madelinisms (pithy the fool!)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 03:01:17 am »
This thread is for those short pithy witty or wisey things that I scribble to try to remember an important thought or idea. I'll try to say what they mean to me too. -Madeline
-----------------

When life has got me feeling F---ed,
I remember this and feel better:
The difference between LIFE and a LIE
is also the same 'F' letter.

~MadelineB

Real life is so consistently unfair that it really does me no good to stay attached to the idea that it should be fair. If it's real, and it's life, it isn't fair. Trying to force life to be fair will only make me bitter, jaded, and forlorn. Trying to make this unfair life better for me and for the people or critters I care about - that is within my power to do something about.

I should shudder every time I utter "should". ~MadelineB

My heart, my gut, knows what is what. When I take my power away from there and hand it off to the little judge in my head, the blinders come out. When does it work out well for me for my head to overrule my gut? Those feelings are trying to tell me something I really need to know.

Seems like I stifle more forward progress by passing judgement than I ever can create with it.
~MadelineB

I beat myself up when my will power, strength, or stamina fails, when I give in to fear, panic, or fatigue. Sometimes I can goad myself that way into doing a little more and a little more, but I end up so tired and so down on myself that it may be a long time before I even try again.

"See a need, do a little, make a difference, celebrate a small improvement", is better than:
 "Try for perfection, Judge for imperfection, Fail to be perfect, perfectly fail."
~madelineb

I'm really good at the second one, not so good at the first.  It is NOT 'settling' to do what I realistically can do. It is NOT 'settling' to do what I realistically can do.

Who cares if the steps are many or few if they get me there? Who cares if the steps are tiny or huge if they take me there? ~MadelineB

when my mouth opens to judge, I think I otter shutter.  ;)

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Offline MadelineB

Re: Madelinisms (pithy the fool!)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:30:58 pm »
-----------------

Life is a B*tch, they Say
Which Means to me,
Look Around,
Puppies are on the Way!

~MadelineB

A mother dog with nursing puppies can be a fierce protector of her space and the life of her pups. So cute! So cute! Maybe life is a bitch because she also has beautiful, vulnerable treasures to protect from predators and unappreciators. Any time life is a bitch, I need to look for the precious new life that needs love and protection.
~Maya Angelou