General Discussions > Paganism

LGBT Gods/Goddesses

(1/5) > >>

Emma Morgaine:
Has anyone experienced the lgbt aspect of a diety? I have with several including Poseidon, Hades, Freyr, Herne, Apollo...

Keira:
Bacchus would be a good example of an LGBT deity or even Aphrodite.

Padma:
In Buddhism, you have Avalokitesvara, who is also Kwan Yin in China (Kannon in Japan) - one's female, the other's male. These deities, they get to play. I have a mystery deity who appeared in my life a few years ago, a green-and-gold figure sitting on a log in the forest. Gender? No idea, don't care :). Beautiful.

Emma Morgaine:

--- Quote from: Padma on November 09, 2012, 06:34:02 am ---In Buddhism, you have Avalokitesvara, who is also Kwan Yin in China (Kannon in Japan) - one's female, the other's male. These deities, they get to play. I have a mystery deity who appeared in my life a few years ago, a green-and-gold figure sitting on a log in the forest. Gender? No idea, don't care :). Beautiful.

--- End quote ---

that is so amazing! latley ive been realling wanting/needing some guidance from an androgyne or transexual deity. i guess just so i can feel a closer empathy or something.

Nicodeme:
I literally just mentioned Loki in the other thread but yeah why not. One of the major criticisms levied against him in the Lokasenna was basically Odin calling him argr for the whole "getting pregnant with an 8-legged horse" thing. And apparently also a "living as a milkmaid and having lots of babies on earth" thing. Never mind that Odin dressed up in drag to learn a form of magic that involved him being in a..."receptive" role, which was considered SUPER ARGR.

He also is totally chill with getting dressed up as a lady with Thor to get his hammer back after Thrym gets a hold of it and offers to trade it for Freyja (and naturally Freyja is like HEL NO. LOKI DO THE THING).

Some people think it's implied that Loki is bisexual or transgender. I always get the "really effeminate uncle who just kinda does what he wants" vibe from him. Working with him has been super good for me because if anyone knows how to comfortably combine being physically masculine, aesthetically androgynous, behaviorally feminine and being capable of giving birth...it's him.

and oh god I'm rambling sorry I have MANY LOKAFEELS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version