Author Topic: Before you decide to leave.  (Read 44431 times)

Offline ElizabethK

• Trying out a few looks
Re: Before you decide to leave.
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2017, 02:50:08 am »
Dear JamieRose

Welcome to Susan's

Thankyou for your comment. I wonder if you realised the post you quoted was from 2015. Please feel  free to drop by our Introduction Forum and tell us a little more about yourself. It would seem you know us  :) Welcome

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site.  It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

"You have the right to live an authentic life!"Alex Jolly

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016
Fulltime from 8 March 2017
GCS Scheduled November 28 2018

Offline Jamierose

• Visitor
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2017, 05:07:05 am »
Dear JamieRose

Welcome to Susan's

Thankyou for your comment. I wonder if you realised the post you quoted was from 2015. Please feel  free to drop by our Introduction Forum and tell us a little more about yourself. It would seem you know us  :) Welcome
Yes and My experience was over a year ago too. so irrelevant, but still makes me hesitant.
Thankyou for the welcome, Appreciated.

Online Laurie

« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2017, 02:33:35 pm »
Yes and My experience was over a year ago too. so irrelevant, but still makes me hesitant.
Thankyou for the welcome, Appreciated.

Hi Jamierose,

I too would like to welcome you to Susan's and say I hope you will stay and give the site a chance.
   I too would be concerned with a site that differing opinions especially those of the folks in charge are giving more weight than the opinions of the users. I can see where it can be a challenge to remain impartial when in and official capacity and it gives me pause. But I believe the admin and moderators here do their best to be fair and impartial provided the poster stays within the TOS and rules that are clearly posted to new people posting on this site. Few people though seem to take the time to read them and discover them in a less than optimal fashion. Perhaps this is the reason for the off site cautions. Even when there is a stepping on the rules I believe the matter is handled in a fair manner.
  Some new folks do slip through the cracks by posting in someone Else's thread instead of introducing themselves in the introductions forum.

Hope you decide to stick around.

Hugs,
   Laurie
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 01:27:42 pm by Laurie »
Hi, I'm Laurie
“Sit with me, and I'll not be alone. Hold my hand, and I'll not feel alone. Cry with me, and I'll no longer suffer alone.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich,

Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol

Online Dena

• (S) Global Moderator
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2017, 07:29:19 pm »
Welcome back to Susan's place. Part of the job of board staff is to encourage discussions on the site. This means we bring a good deal of experience and opinion to the site. You are free to ignore it if you wish. However  :police: This is an indication that it's official and not opinion :police:. If at anytime you feel a staff member has overstepped their authority, there is a button to the right of each post that says report to moderator. Any item reported will be viewed by all the moderators as well as some of the administrators. Staff members are subject to the same guidelines as the other members and if there is an issue, it will be addressed.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use dena@susans.org only if you are unable to PM
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber

Offline Jamierose

• Visitor
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2017, 06:41:33 am »
JAJA all my complaining made me come out of the forum closet.

Offline Nina

• Friend
  • I don't wear bows...I shoot them.
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2017, 07:07:12 pm »
I rejoined this site...not sure what lures me back. Think I've quit and rejoined at least 4 times....maybe more. What keeps me coming back is sometimes I like to read about other people's journey I suppose. May also be this site is the only connect I have to the trans community...which reminds me how far I've come. I'm not much for giving advice, but I will if asked for..
What makes me leave is when someone gives me advice that I didn't ask for or challenges how I transitioned. My journey is my own...there is no right or wrong way.

☺️
2007/8 - name change, tracheal shave, electrolysis, therapy
2008 - full time
2014 - GCS Dr. Brassard; remarried

Offline Dana1979

« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2017, 09:40:31 am »
I'm very new here, I hope my message is taken in the way I intend it to be. Positively.

I know how hard it can be living a daily life as a trans woman. I'm just using myself as an example. I have gotten very emotional at times when I was attending a support group in person, or on any of the others created online in social media.

It can be very difficult to express yourself, how you feel, or explain something so that your point, or whatever it is will be understood the way you intended it.

We all live separate lives in one way or another. Geography plays a big part in that some corners of the world are more accepting than others. It all comes down to how we relate to one another in a real world setting. Even though this is online right here, we are still connected in the real world one way or another in how we communicate here.

This site is a very good one. Probably one of the best there is.

One thing I learned along my path...

Whenever things got me down, and I mean way down, I remembered something I learned when I was a kid in grade school. It also came up later in life as well. I learned YAHOO. You Always Have Other Options.

This site has many. Every chance to write, express yourself -every person here is an option to better help you along your own path. Everyone here has their own opinions, and beliefs that they use to live life. Some may not agree with others, but that is a reflection of what it's like out in the world offline. The best we can do is not let our emotions get in the way of relating to one another.

I know that can be hard. I've been there. It's hard to put yourself out there, especially when something is very personal. I've been at support groups where I related a very emotional moment of my life, and felt judged by the reactions of my peers. I even quit one support group because all they ever talked about were things gun related (north Idaho). Even though I felt I was waiting my time, quitting took away from my options. I limited myself. I know now that not everyone there was a gun enthusiasti. I know that some of the people who gave me blank stares when I need a hug might have been going through something very similar, and they were also in need of a hug, or vocal support.

We have our armour on most of the time. I hope that those out there who feel vulnerable will see that this site is a VERY good option to have. That some people won't see eye to eye, or have varying opinions. Many times someone may not have agreed with me, or had the kind of empathy I expected -but those times can be a learning experience that may lead you to understanding that you didn't think was originally there.

We come together, and we are strong.

Offline pretty pauline

• friend
  • Family
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2017, 09:13:40 am »
I have thought the same.

To be selfish what do I gain from the site?

I'm out of therapy, I no longer need it by years. I'm waiting for surgery and that is is progress.

I no longer awake in the middle of the night screaming my lungs out.

I no longer fear my shadow.

I no longer drink myself to sleep.

I live for every second with a smile and a laugh.

Why do I stay?  For all of the above.

I owe.
Cindy, you are a star that shines brightly, very well said.
I've now been a member of Susans for over 10 years, in that 10 years I've clocked up 879 posts, this will be my 880 post and my last. Goshy I've never started a thread, I've only replied in threads on issues that I felt that could be helpful and maybe make a useful contribution, as my transition is long complete before Susans Place ever existed.
It's a completely different place than what it was when I joined over 10 years. My contributions are now completely irrelevant as I've discovered in resent times with negative reactions, the world has probably moved on from the time I transition back in 1985 when I had my surgery, gosh I'm an old girl.
I'm not a raging feminist crusader, a non-binary 3rd gender, gender-fluid or genderqueer etc etc  I am just a WOMAN, I'd like to think I am a lady too, but I'II let others be the judge of that.
I hope I've made some positive contributions, I don't know if my posts disappear when I delete my account, so I'II just leave it as it is, I may login again sometime but I won't be posting, I'II leave that to the more modern resent transitioners.
The Irish comedian the late Dave Allen had a quote I always carry with me ''may your God go with you where ever you go'' I wish you all good luck and success in your future endeavours, bon voyage lol as the song say  It'S TIME TO SAY GOOD BYE.
Farewell and big hugs to all
Pauline
If your going thru hell, just keep going.

Offline tgirlamc

• 11:11
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2017, 09:27:01 am »
Pauline... You are indeed a lady...

Fare Thee Well My Friend!!!... I will miss you but I do understand your feelings and reasoning...

Hugs and Love,

Ashley 💗🌸
Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind...

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,230730.0.html

Fear not sisters and brothers 😀

Online Laurie

« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2017, 09:30:51 am »
Pauline,

I am sad to see you go but understand that it may be your time to move on and pass the baton. There is still a need for those with long experience in this journey we all are on. But it is your choice and therefore should be respected. Fare thee well Pauline.

Hugs,
   Laurie
Hi, I'm Laurie
“Sit with me, and I'll not be alone. Hold my hand, and I'll not feel alone. Cry with me, and I'll no longer suffer alone.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich,

Online Jessica

• Greeter
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2017, 09:49:59 am »
Hi girls 🙋 this whole path we’re on can become obsessive and constantly on your mind if you let it.  I love it here and have gain tremendous support and enjoy giving it.  But life has other corridors to travel to or your “self” gets lost to one thing.  I find that even a few days of a break from anything constant in your life can be a refresher.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Love you all, Jessica 💁

Wherever you go....there you are!

Offline tgirlamc

« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2017, 10:26:59 am »
Hi girls 🙋 this whole path we’re on can become obsessive and constantly on your mind if you let it.  I love it here and have gain tremendous support and enjoy giving it.  But life has other corridors to travel to or your “self” gets lost to one thing.  I find that even a few days of a break from anything constant in your life can be a refresher.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Love you all, Jessica 💁

Wise Words Sister!!! 💗
Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been?... Little pieces blowing gently on the wind...

Offline tgirlamc

« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2017, 01:25:21 pm »
Cindy, you are a star that shines brightly, very well said.
I've now been a member of Susans for over 10 years, in that 10 years I've clocked up 879 posts, this will be my 880 post and my last. Goshy I've never started a thread, I've only replied in threads on issues that I felt that could be helpful and maybe make a useful contribution, as my transition is long complete before Susans Place ever existed.
It's a completely different place than what it was when I joined over 10 years. My contributions are now completely irrelevant as I've discovered in resent times with negative reactions, the world has probably moved on from the time I transition back in 1985 when I had my surgery, gosh I'm an old girl.
I'm not a raging feminist crusader, a non-binary 3rd gender, gender-fluid or genderqueer etc etc  I am just a WOMAN, I'd like to think I am a lady too, but I'II let others be the judge of that.
I hope I've made some positive contributions, I don't know if my posts disappear when I delete my account, so I'II just leave it as it is, I may login again sometime but I won't be posting, I'II leave that to the more modern resent transitioners.
The Irish comedian the late Dave Allen had a quote I always carry with me ''may your God go with you where ever you go'' I wish you all good luck and success in your future endeavours, bon voyage lol as the song say  It'S TIME TO SAY GOOD BYE.
Farewell and big hugs to all
Pauline

Pauline...

I think I may join you in self imposed exile to the offline world my beautiful Irish sister!!!

I have never brought my problems here to the forum to be solved... I only came to offer support and help as best I could offering the perspective I have gained through the process of transition and life...but truthfully, I don't think my words or presence have done a bit of good or helped anyone in any real way... Maybe everyone needs to figure this stuff out for themselves...

Onward we go...

Ashley 🙋

Online Cindy

• The Forum Administrator
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2017, 02:17:58 pm »
I would much rather the voices of the wise and experienced, those who fought the battle and won and live as their true selves in peace and harmony stayed to offer counsel to those in pain.

However I understand.

Offline Jessica_Rose

« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2017, 02:41:36 pm »
Ashley, your before and after photos are just astounding. They helped give me hope that I could eventually become a beautiful woman. You have always provided words of encouragement, which may well have a more profound effect than you realize. There are many of us that still have a long way to go, and sometimes all we need is one friendly word to help allay our fears and give us the strength to carry on.

Pauline, although there were folks who transitioned before you I consider you one of the pioneers. Transitioning is still not easy, but 30 years ago it must have been tremendously difficulty. Times have changed, and they will continue to change. I don't think that I am alone in valuing the wisdom of those who walked this path before me. Different generations have different needs and find encouragement in different ways.

I would hate to see either of you go. I appreciate the positive impact you have had on myself and this community. Thank you both for your support.
"My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance." - Londo Mollari (Babylon 5)

12 Feb 2017 - Out to Wife
23 Mar 2017 - Started Estradiol
28 Jul  2017 - Started Spironolactone
11 Oct 2017 - Out to Manager
26 Dec 2017 - Out to Daughters!
04 Jan 2018 - Trachea Shave!

Offline Devlyn Marie

• Links Admin
  • Crossdresser
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2017, 04:00:56 pm »

Pauline...

I think I may join you in self imposed exile to the offline world my beautiful Irish sister!!!

I have never brought my problems here to the forum to be solved... I only came to offer support and help as best I could offering the perspective I have gained through the process of transition and life...but truthfully, I don't think my words or presence have done a bit of good or helped anyone in any real way... Maybe everyone needs to figure this stuff out for themselves...

Onward we go...

Ashley

That's just not true. Each day, each month, each year men and women graduate from this site. You are a professor, you teach them and send them on their way. They don't say thanks, they throw their mortarboard to the sky and depart on the journey of life. There's a reward to be had there, though, watching them. :)

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army         devlynmarie@susans.org

Offline Michelle_P

• Transgender veteran: I fought for your rights. Will you fight for mine?
  • Family
  • And you will, you will, you will watch me soar!
« Reply #136 on: December 16, 2017, 04:31:30 pm »
Ashley, I have to tell you that having folks here, present and posting, who have made it through this entire process, following their path to fully become their authentic self, is all that keeps some of us going at times.  There are so damn many pitfalls, mental and physical traps, gatekeepers, and other obstacles to overcome that sometimes achieving our goals seems impossible.

Seeing someone who appears happy, living their authentic life, informs us that achieving our goal is possible, even if we don’t see a path from here to there, and can help us keep moving along.

Some of YOUR posts have helped me get past the worst spots in my transition so far.  Thank you for that.

Michelle
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 183(8.5 were at the South Pole, five clearings)
On estradiol patch; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017

Online Laurie

« Reply #137 on: December 16, 2017, 05:20:14 pm »
Ashley,

I have already told you my thoughts about this but I will say it here publicly. Your post have helped myself and many others here. For you to think otherwise is nothing more than a Thinking Error.

Onward we go,
   Laurie
Hi, I'm Laurie

Offline bobbisue

• Friend
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2017, 05:43:40 pm »
     Ashley Your words of wisdom and kindness have had a profound effect on my life and I am sure many others  should you decide to leave you will be missed I wish you the best you have been an inspiration

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017

Offline ElizabethK

• Trying out a few looks
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2017, 07:09:01 pm »
Pauline...

Onward we go...

Ashley 🙋

Ashley I won't forget you, I wish you would stay.

You have said things to me in the past that may not have seemed significant to you but they certainly were to me and on one occasion made more than a little difference.

I am being selfish and understand that there is a time to move on. I wish you all the happiness int he world.

Take Care

Liz
"You have the right to live an authentic life!"Alex Jolly

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016
Fulltime from 8 March 2017
GCS Scheduled November 28 2018