General Discussions > Music

Any Guitar Players, Other Musicians Out There?

(1/21) > >>

V M:
I started playing guitar years ago in the mid 70's, been in various bands and such during the 80's and 90's but mostly just dabble about with it as a hobby now

Do any of you play? How long have you played? What style? What kind of guitars/instruments do you have? What kind of guitars/instruments do you lust after?

How would you feel about a band consisting of trans people?

Anna++:

--- Quote from: V M on February 01, 2013, 06:36:06 am ---Do any of you play? How long have you played? What style? What kind of guitars/instruments do you have? What kind of guitars/instruments do you lust after?

--- End quote ---
I started to learn guitar about two years ago, but then I got busy and I've barely touched it in the last year :(.  I should find time to play with it again... I mostly followed along in the How-to book, but I also have a book of easy classic rock arrangements and I've printed off tabs for some video game music.

--- Quote ---How would you feel about a band consisting of trans people?

--- End quote ---
I'm more likely to listen than to join.

Kayla:

--- Quote from: V M on February 01, 2013, 06:36:06 am ---
Do any of you play?
--- End quote ---

I do

--- Quote from: V M on February 01, 2013, 06:36:06 am --- How long have you played?
--- End quote ---

I started playing when I was sixteen, but I'm loathe it include that since it was more off then on. I started playing consistently at 18 and really picked up playing after turning 21. I'm 24 now. Sadly, I still don't consider myself "good" since I'm entirely self taught.

--- Quote from: V M on February 01, 2013, 06:36:06 am --- What style?
--- End quote ---

I play mostly acoustic stuff since I believe that sounds the best. Mostly rock in that regards. I've also been practicing metal riffs on electric guitar as of late to try something different.

--- Quote from: V M on February 01, 2013, 06:36:06 am --- What kind of guitars/instruments do you have?
--- End quote ---

I own a BC Rich Warlock I bought for $30 dollars at a garage sale when I was sixteen. I got an amp with it and thought it looked cool at the time. I rarely play it anymore

I own a 2004 Fender Stratocaster, Metallic Blue finish. Bought for like 50 off of craigslist.

I also own a mitchell MD100 acoustic guitar I bought from a friend who was on tough times. I gave him $100, even though I know it's worth a bit less than that.

So as a trend, I go for cheap guitars that have a decent sound to them.

--- Quote from: V M on February 01, 2013, 06:36:06 am --- What kind of guitars/instruments do you lust after?
--- End quote ---

Too many to list. I hope one day to start a guitar collection. But I'd say my top two to add are a Gibson SG and a Les Paul.

--- Quote from: V M on February 01, 2013, 06:36:06 am --- How would you feel about a band consisting of trans people?

--- End quote ---

I'd listen to them.

kira21 ♡♡♡:
I play guitar and a bunch of other instruments. :-) I mix and master music too. 

I have had quite a few guitars but my favourite is a beat up Yamaha with flat wounds on it.  Love their mellow sound and soft action.  :-)

Heather:
I own a guitar but as far as knowing how to play it that's another story.  :icon_rockon:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version