Author Topic: Urinating after meto  (Read 4389 times)

gatsby

Urinating after meto
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:02:17 pm »
Greetings all,

To give a brief introduction: I am FTM and transitioned about 3 years ago, meaning I started living full time as male, had top surgery and am on T.

I am now starting to seriously contemplate metoidioplasty with urethral hookup / lengthening. It is important to me to be able to urinate standing, so I'm not keen to take on the expense, pain, and risk of having any surgery that doesn't accomplish that. So with that said, I have a few questions that I hope those of you who have had the procedure can help me out with.

-   Are you able to effectively / practically use a urinal?
-   Is the stream decent, or is there a lot of spraying or is it difficult to control?
-   Can you go by just unzipping, or do you need to pull your pants down a lot?

I've see several post op pics and even videos of guys peeing post-meto, but I cannot recall ever seeing one where the guy was not either completely naked, or had his pants like all the way down around his ankles. I must admit that this makes me somewhat suspicious that standing to void even with urethral lengthening may not, for all practical purposes, be much, if any, better than using a STP device.

Any information or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Offline King Malachite

• "No...Not Iron Man: War Machine!"
  • A Fat Body, a Backwoods Johnny, and a Proud Nutjob
Re: Urinating after meto
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:01:12 pm »
Hey, welcome to Susans!

I haven't had bottom surgery so I can't help you there, but there is a video on youtube of a guy who is peeing standing through his fly with his pants on and he seems to be controlling his stream decently so it's certainly possible.

If you want to look it up, then the video is labled "FtM surgery, Metoidioplasty (Small Penis)"
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."

chuck

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:32:56 am »
hey there
I am post phallo and had the urethra routed the same way it is in a meta. If I did not have a fistual, I would be able to pee standing with no probelm. I belong to a few post surgery groups and lots of post meta guys can pee standing very easily.

gatsby

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 09:30:38 am »
Thanks for the info, guys. I just browsed a bit through the post op forum and saw a post there indicating it really depends on how big you are, that if you don't have sufficient length it could be a problem. That worries me since I'm afraid I'm likely to be on the small side. (ugh!) I'd be extremely disappointed to go through the surgery, and still not be able to effectively void standing. But this whole STP device thing leaves a lot to be desired.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Should I cross-post to the post-op forum, or this that frowned upon on this board?

Thanks!

Offline sneakersjay

• Family
  • I'm 100% nerd. Is that a problem?
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 07:19:43 am »
Somewhere I posted a link to my xtube video where I pee in a toilet, the same way I pee in a urinal.  I have decided though that trying to aim for a toilet is problematic; I can't totally control the stream, so I feel more comfortable using a urinal because any spray is contained by the backsplash of the urinal.  If I use a toilet I now sit, after having a few incidents where I sprayed the wall behind the toilet, all over the seat, and once the floor behind the toilet and a guy was in the stall next to me.  Ugh.

I'll have to find the link and password, though, as I forgot, LOL.  Haven't been there in a while and I never use that account.

Jay

Tags: Metoidioplasty