General Discussions > Hinduism

reincarnation

(1/4) > >>

jamesBrine:
could someone please explain to me the idea of reincarnation and how it works?

Thanks, James

Jeannette:
We are all entitled to our opinion, which is called 'Free Will'.  Reincarnation is the opportunity given to the soul allowing it to live a series of lives. It permits the life experience to grow on other previous life-experiences. There is no death, there is a series of lifespans, changing one-by-one, until ultimately we find release from this cycle of rebirth.
For example, a murderer will not achieve nirvana without first of all discovering release from all the pain and distress s/he caused. For every good action you commit, you undo about ten negative or bad actions.

cindianna_jones:
I think that in my next life, I'd like to be a planet. ;)  Does that work?

Cindi

katia:
carl sagan, a brilliant scientist who was an atheist, did not "believe" in reincarnation but left his mind open to the possibility that reincarnation might be true. quoted from one of his books ("demon haunted world"):

--- Quote ---At the time of writing there are three claims in the ESP field which, in my opinion, deserve serious study: (1) that by thought alone humans can (barely) affect random number generators in computers; (2) that people under mild sensory deprivation can receive thoughts or images "projected" at them; and (3) that young children sometimes report the details of a previous life, which upon checking turn out to be accurate and which they could not have known about in any way other than reincarnation. I pick these claims not because I think they're likely to be valid, but as examples of contentions that might be true.
--- End quote ---

;)

Kimberly:

--- Quote from: jamesBrine on May 27, 2007, 12:57:14 am ---could someone please explain to me the idea of reincarnation and how it works?

Thanks, James

--- End quote ---
Idea of reincarnation:

Goodbye cruel world!
*die*
Oh Snap! I am still concious, OH! That's right, gah silly me!
Hrm, I think I can learn from being a plant this time, what say you?
Oh! WARM sun, nice!
Oh <poo>...
*lawn is mowed*
Oh SNAP! I wasn't done yet! *pout* Oh well.
Hrm, how about a moose this time...
*yawn*

Etc.

Pretty basic idea right?  I.e. that YOU are more than your body.

This said the theories about the how differ and I will not relate my memories of such here;

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version