Reincarnation II

<< < (2/2)

Pica Pica:

--- Quote from: Kimberly on June 01, 2007, 05:59:14 pm ---
Sand in the wind..

--- End quote ---

Can get in your eyes.

The Middle Way:
Sometimes, it is said that the reincarnation (or the continued samsara, that wheel o' existence/merry go, merry go, merry go round) will take you to a 'hell' or lower planetary system. (There are HOT ones, there are COLD ones, there are the most specific kinds of torture systems in such a school of thought.)

Now mind you, I am not certain that this is always to be taken literally, more by a way of instruction, even abstractly.

tmw

Valerie:

--- Quote from: Kimberly on June 01, 2007, 05:59:14 pm ---Mind you, what I say is not in a Hinduism light, or any other recognized religion for that matter.
--- End quote ---

Too, in Hinduism reincarnation isn't the Absolute.  The hope for Hindus is that they will one day reach Moksha, the state of being free from an endless cycle of reincarnation.  If I recall correctly, when one reaches Moksha (also called Mukti) they enter into eternal union with God. 

The Middle Way:

--- Quote from: Kimberly on June 01, 2007, 05:59:14 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jessica on June 01, 2007, 12:31:46 pm ---Karma... or, in other words, the lessons that Your soul needs to learn based on the actions that You have done in this life.

--- End quote ---
No. This life is one in a great number...

--- End quote ---

You can't put toothpaste back in the tube, so I think she pragmatically - wisely - referred to the one we got right here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version