General Discussions > Help and How to

Tips & Tricks for the Lady

(1/3) > >>

Rose Dawson:
 :icon_help:
I saw a topic similar to this on another board and thought it might be interesting (and helpful) to start a thread here and see what we can come up with.

It's not easy being a woman. So, to make things a little easier, why not share some of our tips on daily living? I'll start off with two (both of which I cannot claim originality for)  :P

1. Run in your panty hose? Want to stop it before it gets out of control? A dab of clear-colored nail polish on the run should do the trick.

2. To avoid losing your lipstick on your glass (and having to apply and re-apply), discreetly lick the rim of your glass before you take a nip - no lipstick lost on the glass!  :icon_lips:

Dennis:
Here's another: if you lose your earring back, you can nip the eraser off a pencil and use that to hold the earring in place until you can replace it.

Nail polish kept in the fridge keeps better.

You can buy sealant for lipstick too that stops it from getting on coffee cups. I don't know if it's available in North America, but you can get it in Britain. I forget what it's called though.

My mother really tried to make me a girl - perhaps she'll be comforted to know these tips will go to good use.

And if you lose a fan belt in your car you can replace it with a stocking to get yourself to the nearest garage. OK that one's not really in the theme of things, but what the heck.

Dennis

michelle:
I bought some earrings with backs that just slipped off.   Later I went shopping and saw a cheap set of earrings with great backs.   I bought them and now use those backs on any earrings they fit which is a lot of them.

michelle:
Another helpful hint I learned from my SO is that on panties the tag goes on the left hip.

Jamie Lauren:

--- Quote from: michelle on May 30, 2005, 01:07:30 pm ---I bought some earrings with backs that just slipped off.   Later I went shopping and saw a cheap set of earrings with great backs.   I bought them and now use those backs on any earrings they fit which is a lot of them.

--- End quote ---

Also, most jewelry stores will carry extra backs to be purchased. And I believe I even saw backs available at WalMart a few months back, though I wouldn't swear to that. :-/ :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version