Author Topic: You know you might be doing ok when...  (Read 1141 times)

Offline MadelineB

• Life? Yes, Ma'am. It also comes in "Happy".
  • Maddie Modification Fund: Well spent.
    • B-Hive (my personal blog)
You know you might be doing ok when...
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:51:14 am »
 ^-^

These are a few happy things that happened recently as operation "Push Past Maddie's Comfort Zone" continues to rack up successes.

11/24/2013: You make 14 new lesbian friends who gush on and on about you being amazing, including one who snuggles close during the French lesbian coming-of-age film you watch together, who is just your type. Good sign in this new third-wave feminist (i.e. trans-inclusive) group: you spoke up about Michigan Womyn's conference. And three members who said they wanted to go, changed their mind and said hell no, when you told them it still banned trans women from attendance. They laugh and cry at the spoken word poem (original) that you perform at dinner, about the joys and travails of romantic love.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive

Offline MadelineB

• Life? Yes, Ma'am. It also comes in "Happy".
  • Maddie Modification Fund: Well spent.
    • B-Hive (my personal blog)
Re: You know you might be doing ok when...
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 04:03:34 am »

11/25/2013: You get bold and write a poem that reflects back the things said at your lesbian meetup last night, and your feelings from that night, and post it on the group's website, to very positive returns, after you write it out and send it do the woman who inspired you, and she writes back and uses the word "love" in her reply, and how she can hardly wait to see you again. And by all measures, it appears this woman is not in fact any kind of psycho like the types you've attracted in the past.

11/25/2013: You prepare in advance to be the backup live figure drawing session at your new femme feminist artists circle, dressing very attractively (yet easy to disrobily) because your gut tells you your volunteering to be the back up model is going to bare fruit today. And when you show up at the studio, it turns out the model called in sick, so I got to do nude modeling for the first time in my life, and it was two of the most rewarding hours I ever spent nakedly looking gorgeous in picturesque poses. The professional artist who hosted was impressed, commented effusively about my beautiful and expressive face, and my poise. When I got to see her drawings of me, I was taken aback. It was me... I totally recognized the girl in the pictures, but the thing is... the girl there was a beautiful, vibrant woman. OMG. Evidently, I was quite the iron-model. They usually let the amateurs call it quits at 1 hour from sheer exhaustion. But I was rocking precisely engineered poses, followed by counterposes to stretch the muscle groups I just stressed, or building in tension points to draw off the stress for long cantilevered sets.
Potluck followed, and two hours of great conversation. Post later from the organizer: "Anyone who couldn't come tonight, you missed out on a great time, especially drawing Miss Maddie." Maybe I'm not deluding myself when, on my good days, I see a beautiful woman in the mirror? Who knew.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive

Tags: