General Discussions > Other

Goddess Spirituality / Spirituality

(1/5) > >>

Fae:
Does anyone here have faith in a specific Goddess, or believe that the divine spirit is female?

Do you find yourself more spiritual instead of religious?  Is there a difference?

I define my religion as Goddess Spirituality, as in I do believe that the divine spirit is female.  I gather my strength from her and from others around me, and the world as a whole.  I believe that everything and everyone has a spirit, and I definately think that there is a great spirit (some have called this spirit "Gaia" in reference to the world as a whole) looking over me.  It's a strong possibility that this great spirit is Mother Nature, because I feel very calm and relaxed when surrounded by nature (say, in the forest or walking thru a garden).  I think my spirituality differs from Wicca because I don't believe ceremonies or doing something special during specific times of the year are necessary.

Anyone care to share their thoughts?

cindybc:
Hi Fae, If you are still around I just want to say that I have enjoyed reading your article. I am empathic and have many sensitivities to different energies, natural and otherwise, like sensing storms, earthquakes, and other man-made catastrophes.

I believe in the Sacred Feminine. According the Qabalah, the Sacred Feminine is equal to the Source. Source, according to the, Qabalah was named Aleph and Aleph created Yod, a mirror image and copy of itself.

Since they could not be together Source gave Sacred Feminine the gift of bringing forth life to the universes. Yes, "Gaia," in reference to the world as a whole or Great Spirit is all part of the universal nature of all within creation.

No two people worship or believe alike, possibly in similar aspects of faith but none exactly alike. There are probably as many different ways of seeing or understanding certain concepts of faith and belief as there are human minds thinking and feeling them.

Cindy   

NickSister:

--- Quote from: cindybc on September 03, 2007, 07:04:58 pm ---I believe in the Sacred Feminine. According the Qabalah, the Sacred Feminine is equal to the Source. Source, according to the, Qabalah was named Aleph and Aleph created Yod, a mirror image and copy of itself.

--- End quote ---

This does not make any sense - what is yod? What is the Source and why was it named Aleph? What is the Qabalah?

Can we expect the divine to be gendered?

So many questions..... ???

Wicca is based on animism. You might want to check animism out as it is a more fundamental base for lots of spiritual paths.

David W. Shelton:
Actually, Wicca is essentially pantheism, not animism. It is a worship of nature as deity, rather than so much worshipping individual deities that are in nature.

Interesting thread!

The Quabalah is basically Jewish mysticism.

cindybc:
Hi again, Yes the elements in nature are all parts of Source and Source is all that is in creation.

The North American Natives also believe in the forces of nature as being of the spirit, or many spirit levels within The Great Spirit. All working in harmony with the elements of nature.

The Qabalah is a mystic Hebrew text used by Jewish society before the advent of the Christian book, the Bible. Actually the origin of this text predates before ancient recorded history. All I was trying to illustrate basically is that there are two forces at work, and both are equal in their divinity. The sacred Feminine and the sacred Masculine. The age of Aquarius is the return of the Sacred Feminine that will balance of all the forces of Universe to be as One.

Cindy     

Posted on: September 04, 2007, 12:59:50 AMHi, You may check out my message board links in the blue strip to the left of the message window in my website in Yahoo Groups Empathics an Intuitives. I have a wide variety of spiritual informational links there that I have collected through the years, including The Sacred Feminine.

I am not certain but I take it that one shouldn't be posting links to other sites here.

Cindy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version