General Discussions > Other

Belief in god but not Religion, what am I?

(1/4) > >>

Xenguy:
So, I don't know if I'm crazy or indecisive, or both really, but I gave up on religion a long time ago. However, I still believe that there possibly is a god somewhere. I just don't put that to any religion, not Christianity, not Judaism, nothing. I don't believe in the usefulness of praying and I don't believe in church. I couldn't care less about any holy book out there, I'm just convinced that I still believe in god..... so what am I?

Before, I was tempted to call myself atheist, but I think that's a little far-fetched, any ideas as to what this could be called?

Jill F:
Agnostic?
Deist?
Theist?

Finnyh:
Hey man,
I'm thinking agnostic?
It's sort of a broad term that encompasses just about anyone who has vague beliefs in God/gods/deities but without identifying with any particular religion. That's about all I can think of.

alabamagirl:
Pretty sure the correct term for this is deist. My understanding is that deists believe in God but don't follow a religion.

Edit: Or, you could just go with the all-encompassing 'free thinker.' That works for any beliefs that don't fit into a religion.

TerriT:
Faith is individual and God speaks to us in His own way. You don't need a religion or label to justify your faith.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version