Author Topic: Monica Roberts  (Read 68 times)

Offline Robyn

• Old as Dirt
  • Family
  • Robyn at 81
Monica Roberts
« on: October 10, 2020, 06:38:31 pm »
Monica Roberts of Houston, Texas, passed away earlier this week. Monica was the founder of Transgriot and a founder of NTAC. A winner of many awards, she was a strong advocate of trans people of color in particular.

A spectacular user of written and spoken words, her power for good will be sorely missed as so many power-hungry bigots try to drive us all out of legal and actual existence.

Robyn
When we walk to the edge of all the light we have and take the step into the darkness of the unknown, we must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for us to stand on or we will be taught to fly. — Patrick Overton

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: Monica Roberts
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 07:13:58 pm »
@Robyn
Dear Robyn:
Thank you for posting this.   
I recall reading some of the publications and discussions submitted Monica Roberts

May she Rest In Peace.   She will be missed as an advocate of all transgender people, no matter what race or color they are.

Again, thank you for sharing and posting.
HUGS,
Danielle

Monica Roberts of Houston, Texas, passed away earlier this week. Monica was the founder of Transgriot and a founder of NTAC. A winner of many awards, she was a strong advocate of trans people of color in particular.

A spectacular user of written and spoken words, her power for good will be sorely missed as so many power-hungry bigots try to drive us all out of legal and actual existence.

Robyn
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 12:38:43 am by Northern Star Girl »
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Tags: