General Discussions > Books

What are you currently reading?

<< < (3/71) > >>

Blue Senpai:
Started reading "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown.

Tossu-sama:
Does it count that I just finished a book?
Ah, let's say it does count.

But the book in question was Torey Hayden's "Somebody else's kids". Started it today and finished it today, it was just that good.

GenTechJ:
I'm currently reading Insurgent, the second book in the Divergent series. Good read actually, and my mom and I bought the trilogy after seeing the movie. Unlike Percy Jackson, the movie was actually pretty good when compared to the book.

eli77:
Just finished reading Ask the Passengers by A.S. King and before that Scars by Cheryl Rainfield. I'm going through a phase of trying to track down every readable queer girl fiction book. There aren't a ton unfortunately. Ask the Passengers was well written, but pretty derivative--I swear it's like every person who writes lesbian YA is trying to reproduce Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden. Scars is terrifying and wrenching. The writing is weaker, but the material is just... gah. I kind of wish I hadn't read it, even though it is well done.

Next up: Hild by Nicola Griffith, which my girlfriend's dad swears is good. My track record with Nicola Griffith is mixed so we shall see. Slow River was good, if totally unbalanced in tone. But Ammonite bored me and the poor writing of The Blue Place turned me off her Aud Torvingen series entirely.

marikvulpina:
just started a reread of The Night Circus. it's essentially a novelization of a browser game. a browser game that's basically lovely story surrounded with making your numbers go up, so you can get more lovely story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version