General Discussions > Books

What are you currently reading?

<< < (2/71) > >>

Cloudchamber:

--- Quote from: Sylvie on June 29, 2014, 08:24:07 pm ---I finished The Sparrow, which was amazing. Now I'm reading a short novel by Neil Gaiman (my first time reading him), The Ocean at the End of the Lane.

This sounds fantastic. Adding it to my to-read list!

--- End quote ---

I hope you enjoy it! I'm only a few chapters in so far, so my description might turn out not to be 100% accurate, but I'd definitely recommend it. If you enjoy the narration, you might want to check out another book, thematically similar and quite brilliant- Auto Da Fe by Elias Canetti.

I looked up the The Sparrow and it sounds intriguing and rather profound. I'm usually not a big sci-fi person, but I'll have to make an exception. Thanks so much for the suggestion :)

Can't wait for more posts, there's nothing like connecting over literature.

xponentialshift:
I'm trying to finish the last (tenth) installment of the Malazan Book of the Fallen. The problem is I keep trying to go back and reread the others because I get nostalgic and also because now I know so much more that they read completely differently than the first time through.

Definitely an Epic Fantasy series not to be taken lightly, but easily the best series I've ever read.

Eris:
I loved the Malazan Book of the Fallen! Sergeant Helian is just... words fail to adequately describe her :)
Have you considered reading the Kharkanas trilogy about the Tiste Andii?

I've just finished Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson.

xponentialshift:

--- Quote from: Falconer on June 30, 2014, 05:08:59 pm ---I loved the Malazan Book of the Fallen! Sergeant Helian is just... words fail to adequately describe her :)
Have you considered reading the Kharkanas trilogy about the Tiste Andii?

I've just finished Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson.

--- End quote ---
Yeah I definitely plan to read Kharkanas next. Well that or reread the first 10. (I also still have to read Ian's books: night of knives etc)

krogan:
Currently reading 'Fremder' by Russell Hoban, 'Man Made Language' by Dale Spender and 'A Fine Balance' by Roshinton Mistry. And not long ago I finished Paulo Coelho's 'Veronica Decides to Die', which has made my top ten books list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version