Community Conversation > Transgender talk

It's not multiple choice!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Northern Jane:

--- Quote ---Make your own destiny by being who you are ....
Women come in more flavors than Baskin Robbins.
--- End quote ---

*** Jane licks back of hand ***

Rather have ice cream. . . .

Debtv:
Hi elleane,

I have felt all the things you talk about here. I know its hard and confussing.

But in my view...it not just either/or and it is multiple choice, at least for me. I am both genders, or at least somwhere inbetween. For me to overcome all those bad feelings, I came out and live mostly enfemme, but dress endrab to make my life easier (ya know at work and around most family)

Is it that I'm a fake women...or man? No it is not. It is that was born a man with a strong femme side too. Rather than being neither...I am both!

Good just to you hon, and just realize that nothing is just black or white.

Love
DebTV

Shelley:

--- Quote ---Is it that I'm a fake women...or man? No it is not. It is that was born a man with a strong femme side too. Rather than being neither...I am both!

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with Deb here especially for the CD's this a very good description of our lives.

Shelley

Louise:
If we try to fit into categories that others define, then we will never be ourselves.  In her seminal feminist work, "The Second Sex", Simone de Beauvoir argued that one of the great sources of frustration for women was that they were forced to fit into a definition of "femininity" that was largely defined by men.  She and other feminists have been very successful in redefining our cultural expectations for women.  "Liberation" is first of all a liberation from the self-imposed limitations that come from fitting our individuality into a cultural stereotype.  I think that we who are TG can learn a lot from the feminist movement.  There are many different ways of being masculine or feminine.  Might I add that there are many different ways of being TG.  Just look at the variety of individuals who visit this site.  :)

[edit] fixed messed up quote tag[/edit]

alleigh:
Ignore everything out there, you can be anything!  We assume we have to fit into common molds, buy a dumb house in the suburbs and whittle away our lives at nothing--don't listen!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version