General Discussions > Other

Thelema and Being Transgender

<< < (2/2)

Newgirl Dani:

Being an initiate of both A.'.A.'. and H.O.O.R., (I am not affiliated with O.T.O.)., I can say 'for me' I have no conflict.  When I say 'for me', my personal plan is not to bring transition toward female to completion because my 'personal' strength will come from a balance.  I can quote this from Magick Revised, "one of the first steps in magick is to find and define one's uniqueness".   I am not issuing my stamp of approval for any Holy Order on this matter.

This statement is allowed due to #8 task of the A.'.A.'. 

"8.  He/She shall everywhere acknowledge openly his/her association with the A.'.A.'. and speak of It and Its principles (even so little as he/she understandeth), for that mystery is the enemy of Truth. "

93, 93/93

Dani

Illuminess:
It makes me sad that the OTO continues to be so divided. I stick with "the method of science, the aim of religion". The A∴A∴ is a path for the individual who can attain initiation through rigorous discipline at his/her own pace and under no specific rules other than presented in the material. Nobody really needs to be wholly affiliated with an order that doesn't leave its students alone.

"In the true religion there is no sect, therefore take heed that thou blaspheme
not the name by which another knoweth his God; for if thou do this thing in
Jupiter thou wilt blaspheme יהוה and in Osiris יהשוה.  Ask and ye shall have!
Seek, and ye shall find! Knock, and it shall be opened unto you!"
— Liber Librae

Newgirl Dani:

--- Quote from: Illuminess on October 24, 2014, 09:03:30 pm ---It makes me sad that the OTO continues to be so divided. I stick with "the method of science, the aim of religion". The A∴A∴ is a path for the individual who can attain initiation through rigorous discipline at his/her own pace and under no specific rules other than presented in the material. Nobody really needs to be wholly affiliated with an order that doesn't leave its students alone.

"In the true religion there is no sect, therefore take heed that thou blaspheme
not the name by which another knoweth his God; for if thou do this thing in
Jupiter thou wilt blaspheme יהוה and in Osiris יהשוה.  Ask and ye shall have!
Seek, and ye shall find! Knock, and it shall be opened unto you!"
— Liber Librae

--- End quote ---

I only stated my affiliation with A.'.A.'.  and  H.O.O.R  so as to illustrate 'my' situation for any reader to whom this specification would be helpful, and these two paths toward the Great Work have no need for defensive actions.  Dani

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version