Author Topic: Tori Amos: The Fiery Haired Fairy Piano Beast!!!  (Read 618 times)

Boo Stew

Tori Amos: The Fiery Haired Fairy Piano Beast!!!
« on: August 16, 2014, 04:10:25 am »
Any other Tori fans in here? My sister took me to see her play with Alanis Morisette when I was a teen for my birthday and she was just awe-inspiring. She purrs and snarls over the piano like a jungle cat over a kill. So wild, yet so vulnerable. Like one big raw nerve ending that whips back and forth.  I already knew her music from her records but live she’s something else. I’m saddened that i wasn’t able to attend her recent tour because she went solo (just her and a piano) for the first time in YEARS and also her new album Unrepentant Geraldines is her best since From the Choirgirl Hotel. If you haven’t heard it, it’s fierce.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it!
Re: Tori Amos: The Fiery Haired Fairy Piano Beast!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 11:39:38 pm »
I thought this deserved a single reply, it's nearly six years old! ;D  Any fans on this forum?  I've seen two of her shows way back in the early 90s, an amazing performer with a great voice and attitude.  She has a helluva back catalogue as well.

~Jenny~
- Jenny

Offline Mills

• dOn'T pAnIc! when in a dress
Re: Tori Amos: The Fiery Haired Fairy Piano Beast!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 08:35:49 am »
I've saw her perform in St David's Hall Cardiff, she's utterly brilliant but so very uncomfortable to watch live, so I just stick to the albums.

Mills
I'm Quiet, Shy and permanently confused, shout at me if you want!

Tags: