Author Topic: PLUME  (Read 72 times)

Offline IWish

• Neighbor
PLUME
« on: March 01, 2021, 05:01:49 am »
About to start HRT I hope through them.  Has anyone had or heard any experiences with this online site  ?
I will keep you gals posted.......
What I love about them is their Drs and staff are all TG

Carrie
IWish I was born a girl !

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
Re: PLUME
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 05:55:25 am »
I have no experience with this group. It does appear to be a credible medical provider for HRT. The providers appear to be well qualified and knowledgeable about transgender issues.

What is new is that this is a totally online service, that is there are no office visits. This maybe valuable for someone who lives in a remote area  where medical services are limited. You do have to get blood drawn locally for the lab tests, but this is usually not an issue.

If you have medical insurance, it may be more economical to seek a provider who accepts your insurance policy. I do not know if this group accepts any insurance.

If I were considering this provider, I would be interested in the academic credentials of the providers and state licensing. Also consider the labs are being done by a certified lab. Erroneous lab values can be disastrous.

In this age of virtual consultations because of Covid social distancing, this makes a lot of sense for someone who has limited access to medical care. The prices seem to be reasonable for someone who has no medical insurance.

Again, I have no experience with this group, but the concept of virtual office visits does seem to make more sense than waiting for an appointment and travelling a long distance for a face to face appointment.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Tags: