Author Topic: HRT appt.  (Read 113 times)

Offline iskra

• Neighbor
HRT appt.
« on: April 05, 2021, 12:59:12 pm »
HRT consultation with transgender medical clinic physician in two weeks, after 2 months of trans therapy. What a journey this has been. We'll see. I honestly never thought I'd get to this point. They probably won't prescribe HRT on this appt. More likely is a physical and blood work.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Re: HRT appt.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 01:02:26 pm »
HRT consultation with transgender medical clinic physician in two weeks, after 2 months of trans therapy. What a journey this has been. We'll see. I honestly never thought I'd get to this point. They probably won't prescribe HRT on this appt. More likely is a physical and blood work.

How many times did you see your therapist?

I remember how nice it was to get to that point you are now experiencing.

Have a nice day.   :)

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Battle Goddess

• Family
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 01:32:28 pm »
Woo-hoo!

Yep, most likely blood work to establish a baseline - safety first - plus meet-and-greet to see if you feel good with your endo.

Keep us potsed
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

Introductory Post: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,242617.msg2196235.html

Whiny HRT and Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,244163.msg2217618.html

Spironolactone January 10 2019
Divigel January 20 2019
Estradiol Valerate March 14 2019

Offline iskra

• Neighbor
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 03:03:19 pm »

How many times did you see your therapist?

I remember how nice it was to get to that point you are now experiencing.

Have a nice day.   :)

Chrissy
I've seen her 4 times, and it'll be 5 by the time  of the clinic appt. There are issues unexplored but I have no kids, no wife or ex-wives, no girlfriend, no job at the moment, and my relatives live 3000 miles away. If there are other things, it won't come from those kinds of complications. I've been thinking about this for a very long time. Every objection I came to was about "what people will think", not about what I wanted. So I had to focus on that. It's not easy to parse these things out when you do the therapist's homework. 

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 03:46:29 pm »
Every objection I came to was about "what people will think", not about what I wanted.

I have been there and done that.

There comes a point in a persons life where we need to do what we need to do for ourselves and no one else. If anyone else cannot accept us as we chose to live our life, then they are really not worth knowing, in my opinion.

I have started a new life and I am much happier for it.  ;)

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Online Pammie

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 04:10:20 pm »
I have been there and done that.

There comes a point in a persons life where we need to do what we need to do for ourselves and no one else. If anyone else cannot accept us as we chose to live our life, then they are really not worth knowing, in my opinion.

I have started a new life and I am much happier for it.  ;)
I certainly understand your sentiments but many of us had or have much more complex and complicated scenarios. I have 4 children as well as 3 siblings so helping them through the transition with me was also critical and is not yet a closed book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags: