Author Topic: what kind of god would do this to us?  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
Re: what kind of god would do this to us?
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2019, 04:17:00 pm »
I am a scientist, I was born with a scientific mind, and my dad was a scientist, which caused me growing up in this kind of environment.  My mother was a non practicing Jew, and faith was not a big thing in our family.
It is very hard for me to believe in some being who can't be seen or felt.  There might be a higher power, but this power seems not to be very interested in mankind or this earth!

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2019, 04:36:07 pm »
I am a scientist, I was born with a scientific mind, and my dad was a scientist, which caused me growing up in this kind of environment.  My mother was a non practicing Jew, and faith was not a big thing in our family.
It is very hard for me to believe in some being who can't be seen or felt.  There might be a higher power, but this power seems not to be very interested in mankind or this earth!

Or maybe they're a scientist, too, and we're one big cosmic experiment. ;) Maybe we're all lab rats. :)

I dunno, I don't believe in a God, as such. Like some beardy bloke on a throne with a halo over his head. I think that's an interpretation of humanity based on the imagery of the day. But I do sometimes wonder if there might be some sort of sentience, somewhere. Maybe the universe itself is sentient, and the point of life is to experience. In which case, everyone's experiences are unique, and add to some kind of collective self awareness. Who knows? If that's the case then everything we do is valuable. All of us. Maybe there is no wrong answer, only how we live our lives.

Offline Pammie

what kind of god would do this to us?
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2019, 05:59:19 pm »
Or maybe they're a scientist, too, and we're one big cosmic experiment. ;) Maybe we're all lab rats. :)

I dunno, I don't believe in a God, as such. Like some beardy bloke on a throne with a halo over his head. I think that's an interpretation of humanity based on the imagery of the day. But I do sometimes wonder if there might be some sort of sentience, somewhere. Maybe the universe itself is sentient, and the point of life is to experience. In which case, everyone's experiences are unique, and add to some kind of collective self awareness. Who knows? If that's the case then everything we do is valuable. All of us. Maybe there is no wrong answer, only how we live our lives.
I never believed in god because there are too many horrors in this world and when my 34 year old daughter died 21 weeks ago suddenly and with no discernible cause this confirmed my thinking absolutely. Strangely enough her mum clings to faith and appears to consider it the devils work If I understand her well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stacy

• The blue flower
  • Neighbor
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2019, 11:47:20 am »

Actually the universe is doing it, aside religions and spirituality, it is really "reproducing" in a life and death cycle with supernovas and new stars. And by creating life, the universe can itself being alive, and see itself and feel itself. We may be very important, not because we are human but because we represent a part of the experience, a bit of it, and even the tiniest part make the whole incomplete without it. We are seeking a human goal by our own limited eyes with this very physical life and we may not see how big it is outside our mind because we are bound to a body and a system that may just be a part and a fraction of something that we can't see and comprehend. Gender for example, is extremely important to us but this is a concept for our planet only and only for some animals. It may work completely differently elsewhere, so our happiness or our suffering associated with it is very specific to our planet, not the universe. Like billion experiences at the end of a branch, our branch, from the universal tree. I don't think we are watched and controlled by other life forms, because perfection is impossible for life and they would make mistakes that we could see. If it's not pure mistake, it would be personal oriented acts causing things that we could still see. The problem in all this is the memory. If it's lost, there doesn't make sense for the experience. We know that energy transforms and is never destroyed, so in some way the memory could also be kept. Not in the form of our brain container, but in another form that is taken all during our lives, like an echo of memories. Like electricity passes data through a wire that is not living, it's just a wire. Maybe there is a mechanism with energy and matter to do it, and maybe it extends to all life and maybe even above life. Or here comes the soul theory that acts like a "permanent" container of energy. I prefer to stay open, always rethink what is possible and keep searching. At least, this is a life goal: search for the truth. I can't believe any religions because somewhere they contradict themselves, they are very human-centered and they can't keep up with our evolution. They are not realist and too simple. But it's for me, others can think their own way, as they can disagree with me. Still, it's true that the universe is putting itself alive through us and it's its own way to explore itself deeply, and just this is poetic and beautiful. As for justice, it was created by humans. There is no justice in nature. But there is suffering, and maybe at some point of evolution, life is not made this way and pain is only a concept at this state. Maybe we are just passing by the worst state of evolution and that all life has to do it. In a life or another, we experience all pain so everyone in a lot of lives will eventually feel them all, and this way there is no injustice. Also pain and happiness is made with neurons and chemicals. Maybe we are the imperfect version that feels both pain and happiness, maybe another organized life can live better with minimal or inexistent pain and still feel happiness. If absence of happiness is not pain, there could be a way to have life form without pain at all. If evolution decides that pain is no longer needed to keep us alive, we could be saved from it. Let just say, there are a lot of possibilities. I see them like reassuring instead of feeling all of this worthless and with no sense.

Tags: