News and Events > General News

Man calls suicide hotline, SWAT team shows up and kills him

(1/3) > >>

ImagineKate:
*gulp*

I had to call them once and they talked me out of it. Now I don't know if I will. I know many trans people are suicidal. I hope this doesn't discourage them from seeking help.

http://www.standard.net/Police/2014/10/21/Roy-man-dead-following-standoff-with-police.html

Devlyn:
Really poor thread title, it's misleading. The suicide hotlines perform a vital function. While I'm up on the soapbox, I have zero patience for people who say "I called a hotline, it didn't work"

Well, if it didn't work, you wouldn't be here, Einstein.

DelKay:
I doubt were ever going to hear the full story but it says there was a stand off. I suppose that means the man had a fire arm with him. Probably what he was going to use to end it.
Maybe he was endangering the lives of the officers as well?

DelKay:

--- Quote from: Devlyn Marie on October 24, 2014, 10:34:39 am ---Really poor thread title, it's misleading. The suicide hotlines perform a vital function. While I'm up on the soapbox, I have zero patience for people who say "I called a hotline, it didn't work"

Well, if it didn't work, you wouldn't be here, Einstein.

--- End quote ---
trying not to giggle at that Einstein bit. :/ you're right though. If a suicide hot line doesn't work, I suppose there wouldn't be anyone to say it doesn't work, yeah?

Boo Stew:

--- Quote from: DelKay on October 24, 2014, 10:37:58 am ---I doubt were ever going to hear the full story but it says there was a stand off. I suppose that means the man had a fire arm with him. Probably what he was going to use to end it.
Maybe he was endangering the lives of the officers as well?

--- End quote ---

I sounds like this might’ve been a case of suicide by police which is a fairly common occurrence by which a person unable to “pull the trigger” themselves will set into motion events which lead to their death at the hands of another (in this case the police) Perhaps the hotline call was merely a setup for this and was never about seeking actual help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version