Activism and Politics > Hate

Religious Hatred, I guess?

(1/3) > >>

SpaceMutie:
Alright, so I wasn't exactly sure to put this in the Hate category or the religion category, but I really need to get some overwhelming anger off of my chest for today. So, my grandmother, a die-hard Tea Party Member who can't seem to keep her opinions to herself, decided to send me an email today for the first time. I was shocked. She doesn't ever really communicate with me, even though I haven't even come out to her ever and she shouldn't have cause to dislike me any, so it threw me for a loop. Expecting a general grandmotherly question for Christmas lists or something of the sort, I opened it, and, without looking at the link in the mail, clicked the link.

Oh. My. God. I've never seen a more terribly sad website in my life. It's all about how Christians were being poisoned by the 'homosexual deviants', and that children should be taught from a very early age to hate and even expose their classmates if it came to 'interfering with their beliefs'. It hurt a lot, coming from my own family, despite me not being sure if she knows about my orientation/gender or not. It made me sick. It made me cry. I guess... I didn't realize how much hatred there was about everyone else, and it made me want to physically vomit.

Which I did, after a few moment. I don't... I don't know. It really unsettled me, and, considering that I live in a place where I'm most certainly not accepted for being trans, I don't really know what to do with myself. It hit home really hard for me, especially a flyer about how little girls and boys shouldn't associate with other queer children, and that it would be poisoning them to do so. I quote, poisoning children.

I just... want reassurance, I guess. There might not be much to give, but... I don't want to hurt anyone... Really...

Beth Andrea:
Back in the day they used to say little white kids shouldn't associate with little black kids...which today we see as abhorrent. Maybe send a reply suggesting her "style" of hatred (especially how the bible is misused for hate) went out of fashion back in the 1950's?

You don't have to out yourself in the process, in fact just argue from the point of view that gays are people too, and deserve basic human dignity, no matter if she doesn't like their actions. If she suggests in reply that "maybe you're gay", remind her that back in the day if any white person stood up for blacks, s/he would be called a "ni**er lover!" and hated...

Jill F:
I'm so sorry that happened.

Maybe you should ask her, "Whom would Jesus shun?  Whom would Jesus hate?" 

I don't understand hypochristians at all.   I mean, if you're going to get all Old Testament literal, you think you'd have to follow everything else in Leviticus and Deuteronomy as well.

Hugs,
Jill

Deborah:
That's why I recently became a former Christian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suzifrommd:

--- Quote from: SpaceMutie on November 25, 2014, 09:30:43 pm ---Oh. My. God. I've never seen a more terribly sad website in my life. It's all about how Christians were being poisoned by the 'homosexual deviants', and that children should be taught from a very early age to hate and even expose their classmates if it came to 'interfering with their beliefs'.

--- End quote ---

Believing this rot is not religion. It is gullibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version