Author Topic: Gamers, what are you playing right now? 2.0  (Read 138245 times)

Offline Haley Conner

Re: Gamers, what are you playing right now? 2.0
« Reply #1020 on: February 06, 2022, 10:22:53 am »
I took a hiatus from video games, but now I am back to playing Civ VI.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #1021 on: April 07, 2022, 07:53:45 am »
I took a hiatus from video games, but now I am back to playing Civ VI.

Still on a huge break as well while all my consoles collect much dust.  Hopefully fire them up this winter in the southern hemisphere!  Looking forward to quite a few games.
~I just wanna have fun, that's all I really want~

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #1022 on: May 05, 2022, 05:58:40 pm »
Right now, Astral Chain and Othercide for my Switch. And loving every second of it. Nintendo have a crazy sale going on until the 8th of May, with up to 90% off some games. It's madness. I've got like £400 worth of games for under £100.

"It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead." ~ Nightwish: Last Ride Of The Day

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
« Reply #1023 on: May 08, 2022, 04:48:08 pm »
I still do the Humble Bundle monthly..  and last month was Monster Sanctuary (amongst others) and I have been playing that far too much..It is one of those pokemon like (and castlevania type) games that just get me... currently 45 hours play.. only had it a week!.. gulp :-\

If you PC game, then for $12 a month the humble bundle thing is really good. you always get about $150 worth of games, and even if you only play one or two.. the $12 bucks in part goes to charity. So you are doing good as well..

just google humble bundle.
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Offline Allison R

• Family
« Reply #1024 on: May 18, 2022, 12:10:46 pm »
I have always been a fan of fantasy fiction, and was an avid D&D player on the 80's. Always dreamed of being able to play that freely in videos games. I have played Skyrim so much the tape is stretched (showing my age). However, there is a mod for it called enderal, and it is a whole different game using the Skyrim resources, and it is
actually a better game. I started a new iteration over the weekend. I have 4 other character saves, probably all told somewhere around 400 hours of gameplay. The new game I started is my first female build ever for any game. I have never wanted to try to explain why I would want to play a female character. I didn't understand the anxiety I felt around having to explain myself, I just did.

Anyway, all that said to say this. The game that I have that many hours into is like a new game to me. The game just makes sense to me now. It did before, it is a good game, but everything about it, from the way that dealing with NPC's is more natural to the way I am relating to the character and the immersion is nothing like I have ever felt. Just another nail removed from the coffin.

Allison

I have always known I would have been happier and lived a better life if I were born a woman, I just didn't know that that is the literal definition of the word transgender.

If you're not moving forward, you're moving backwards.

Be tougher on yourself than anyone else is, love yourself more than anyone else does, and if there is something you don't want to do at all, best if you do it right now.

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #1025 on: May 19, 2022, 01:22:36 pm »
I have always been a fan of fantasy fiction, and was an avid D&D player on the 80's. Always dreamed of being able to play that freely in videos games. I have played Skyrim so much the tape is stretched (showing my age). However, there is a mod for it called enderal, and it is a whole different game using the Skyrim resources, and it is
actually a better game. I started a new iteration over the weekend. I have 4 other character saves, probably all told somewhere around 400 hours of gameplay. The new game I started is my first female build ever for any game. I have never wanted to try to explain why I would want to play a female character. I didn't understand the anxiety I felt around having to explain myself, I just did.

Anyway, all that said to say this. The game that I have that many hours into is like a new game to me. The game just makes sense to me now. It did before, it is a good game, but everything about it, from the way that dealing with NPC's is more natural to the way I am relating to the character and the immersion is nothing like I have ever felt. Just another nail removed from the coffin.

Allison

Enderal is great. It's a massive accomplishment, honestly. And I would recommend anyone who has played Skyrim to try this mod. It's free! It's... very different, in a good way. You can mod it, too, lol. Modding a mod... seems kind of weird, but it works!

I never get why there's the whole thing of needing to explain anything to anyone. Especially single player games where who you are makes literally no difference to anyone else but you. I am glad that you are feeling at home with it more, Allison. I tend to avoid most games now that don't let you create your own character and just plop you into the shoes of someone else that you have to try and get into the head of. Being free to be yourself is a good thing indeed. :)
"It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead." ~ Nightwish: Last Ride Of The Day

Offline Allison R

• Family
« Reply #1026 on: May 19, 2022, 01:42:05 pm »
I probably would have never been questioned about it. It was just that me and femininity were like two magnetic north poles. I would repel any hint of femininity as fast as I could. I was afraid someone would see something I didn't even see yet I guess. And by repel, I mean a base, visceral, gut-punch reaction to seeing anything feminine in myself. I said earlier over in my blog that I am so dense I am surprised that I float.

And now it truly is like a completely different game that makes sense on a level that I didn't even know that it didn't make sense on. If that makes sense. LOL.

Allison
I have always known I would have been happier and lived a better life if I were born a woman, I just didn't know that that is the literal definition of the word transgender.

Be tougher on yourself than anyone else is, love yourself more than anyone else does, and if there is something you don't want to do at all, best if you do it right now.

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #1027 on: May 19, 2022, 03:20:13 pm »
I probably would have never been questioned about it. It was just that me and femininity were like two magnetic north poles. I would repel any hint of femininity as fast as I could. I was afraid someone would see something I didn't even see yet I guess. And by repel, I mean a base, visceral, gut-punch reaction to seeing anything feminine in myself. I said earlier over in my blog that I am so dense I am surprised that I float.

I don't think it's that, sweetie. I don't think it's that you didn't see it. I think it's that you didn't want to acknowledge it. Two different things entirely. You weren't ready. Now you are. :)

Offline Allison R

• Family
« Reply #1028 on: May 19, 2022, 03:26:25 pm »
And this is why I pay attention. I have said elsewhere here on Susan's that I have always known I would have been happier and lived a better life if I were born a woman, I just didn't know that that is the literal definition of the word transgender. Again, you're right.

Offline Sephirah

« Reply #1029 on: May 19, 2022, 03:48:48 pm »
And this is why I pay attention. I have said elsewhere here on Susan's that I have always known I would have been happier and lived a better life if I were born a woman, I just didn't know that that is the literal definition of the word transgender. Again, you're right.

Allison, as someone who's been around this place longer than the mould on the walls... you have to be careful thinking like that sweetie. It isn't that your life would have been better, and you'd have been happier, it's that you wouldn't have to be dealing with the emotional baggage that you have been. Don't fall into the "grass is greener" trap, hon. Because that isn't what this is about. I've seen too many people think they could solve all their problems by transitioning only to realise later down the road that it wasn't the cause of their issues to begin with. Who you are brought you to where you need to be. It made you who you are, Allison. If you'd been born someone else, you wouldn't be you. That's the most important thing to remember. Your life experiences made you the person you are. Unique to everyone else. And special.

Knowing who you are... it gives you a level playing field with everyone else. That's all it does. I don't mean to seem like a downer but... it just makes you normal. It doesn't make you happy. At least not if you don't value who you are on being trans. Some people do and for them.... that is how they find happiness. But for other people... it just makes you... you. With all that entails. You still have to make your life how you want it to be. But you don't have the chain around your neck of living the wrong life to begin with. So just... keep that in mind, okay? Just be you. How you find happiness after that... is entirely your call. <3