Community Conversation > Voice Therapy and Surgery

IOS App

(1/3) > >>

PhoenixGurl2016:
Is there an (free) IOS that can help me with my voice to see what my range is and if its in female range?

Sydney_NYC:

--- Quote from: AmandaMarie on January 08, 2015, 08:07:20 pm ---Is there an (free) IOS that can help me with my voice to see what my range is and if its in female range?

--- End quote ---

I haven't seen any free ones. There are not that many that actually measure pitch of human voice. The cheapest one I've come across an use is  "Voice Analyst" By Speech Tools Limited and it costs $17.99. I've used it and it works, but sometimes chops the end off the recording, but you can save recording and compare and it gives your average pitch. There were a few other ones I came across, but they were $49 and up.

There is an open source program called Praat, that works really well (but has a confusing interface, but it's easy once you get used to it.) Praat works in OSX, Windows, and Linux. There is a tutorial here and here on how to use it to measure pitch.

Ohh and here is a table to go by

If you can keep your average in the 195 Hz range, your doing pretty good.

BunnyBee:
insTuner.  It's free and good.  It's for measuring pitch.  Oops... it used to be free.  Now it isn't :(.  Still, just $4 and I can vouch for it, and there is a free version of it, I presume with ads.  Maybe try that one first.
http://eumlab.com/instuner/

There is a voice lesson app that is also not free, but reasonably priced if it works... idk.  Ofc there are several modules and it can add up:
http://exceptionalvoiceapp.com/about/aboutkatheperez/

I have never used it, so I can't say whether it's good or bad from personal experience.  I just have heard about it.

PhoenixGurl2016:
Thank you Sydney. I downloaded it and fiddled with it. I already don't like hearing myself speak because of my speech impairment, but at least this this give me something to fiddle with.

Sydney_NYC:

--- Quote from: AmandaMarie on January 09, 2015, 12:14:39 am ---Thank you Sydney. I downloaded it and fiddled with it. I already don't like hearing myself speak because of my speech impairment, but at least this this give me something to fiddle with.

--- End quote ---
Your welcome :)

I can totally relate to you. When I was younger I grew up with 2 languages (German and English) and somehow developed a stutter. It took me several years to get over it, but I always had a difficult time with pronunciation. One of my challenges speaking as a women was to pronunciate each letter more and that has improved dramatically to where now I don't mind hearing my voice so much. Also slowing down, but that's from my step-father who encouraged me to do that because his a native New Yorker and Italian. When I moved from NC to NYC area (the first time) he said I talked to slow for the north and pushed me into talking faster. That works against having a feminine voice when you end up running your words together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version