Dyslexia among Transgender Communities?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jacqueline:
I have been as well. Not drastically.

Hence the interest in the subject.

Thanks all. Off to bed.

Joanna

JoanneB:
Wow!  My wife was just asking about this like 2-3 days ago.

I recall some survey a couple of years ago on left-handedness. I guess you can call me Bi-Handed. My mom was a lefty and I did try to emulate her though I am a natural righty.

I've always been a bit dsylexic, No where nearly as bad as my wife is. Still enough to mess me up, especially writing. Which I rely on being a former big stutterer.

Dee Marshall:
I don't have much letter dyslexia for some strange reason, mostly words. I do have todouble check strings of numbers and still get them wrong. Training myself to deal with it I learned to read regardless of orientation. I sometimes read menues upside down just to get a reaction.

The words? There was a group of signs on my college campus I always seemed to read as "please keep your leash on a dog." That kind of thing still happens to me a lot.

Kyle_C:
Hi, I'm new here. Nice to meet everyone.

I just started thinking about the prevalence of dyslexia in the trans community while watching Caitlyn Jenner's Diane Sawyer interview.  Apparently, Caitlyn grew up with severe dyslexia. http://dyslexiahelp.umich.edu/success-stories/bruce-jenner. 

This forum was the top of the google search results, so I am guessing no one has really studied this question.

Mod note- Link okay.

Mariah:
Hi Kyle, welcome to Susan's. I look forward to seeing you around the forums. Good luck and Hugs
Mariah

Things that you should read
Site Terms of Service & Rules to Live ByStandard Terms & DefinitionsPost Ranks (including when you can upload an avatar)Reputation rulesNews posting & quoting guidelinesPhoto, avatars, & signature images policy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version