Site News and Information > Community alerts

New Directive from the OPM for Transgender Federal Employees

<< < (2/3) > >>

Wynternight:

--- Quote from: Kara.A.I on November 09, 2015, 11:41:15 am ---Thank you for your response Wynternight. I'm actually not an employee but a Veteran. I'm sorry for the confusion. I hope you get a good response from them! I've been having plenty of issues with my local VA Medical Center.

-Kara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Ok, gotcha. I'm not sure where the VA stands on care for vets at this time. I know hormones are covered but I'm not sure about anything else.

I contacted the union today and gave them copies of the OPM mandate for this year and the clause excluding SRS from the 2016 benefits guide. The union is going to contact our state Senator so we'll see what happens.

Kara.A.I:
Wynternight :
Awesome, I wish you the best of luck!! I hope it goes smoothly and gets fixed asap. I'm going to be working on getting my local VA up to standards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ftmax:

--- Quote from: Wynternight on November 09, 2015, 02:17:02 pm ---I contacted the union today and gave them copies of the OPM mandate for this year and the clause excluding SRS from the 2016 benefits guide. The union is going to contact our state Senator so we'll see what happens.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for doing this!

Alana_Jane:

--- Quote from: Wynternight on November 09, 2015, 02:17:02 pm ---Ok, gotcha. I'm not sure where the VA stands on care for vets at this time. I know hormones are covered but I'm not sure about anything else.

I contacted the union today and gave them copies of the OPM mandate for this year and the clause excluding SRS from the 2016 benefits guide. The union is going to contact our state Senator so we'll see what happens.

--- End quote ---

Best of luck on that.  Our Congress-kitty is none other than Kevin McCarthey.  He'd be of absolutely no help with this.  Instead, I voted with the only voice open to me.  After 15 years of being a BC/BS member I switched to Foreign Services Benefits Plan.  Oh, BTW might want to add GEHA to that complaint as well.  We had a health fair today, and there were only two health care providers in attendance, BC/BS and GEHA.  Both explicitly exclude transgender sex change surgeries.  If you get any movement, let me know.
Thanks,

-Alana

jenifer356:
will be watching this thread and hoping for good news as I am BCBS/FEP as well

jenifer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version