News and Events > Comments and suggestions

I noticed of late that the "news" section is becoming political and partisan

<< < (3/4) > >>

Wynternight:
The moment I see an article about a conservative that isn't trying to pass anti-LGBT legislation then I'll write about it. Until then, as editor, I think it's important to write what I hear and see and so far it's all attacks from the extreme right. More and more so called "Religious Freedom" bills are license to discriminate against LGBT people. The community needs to know about them so I write them.

As an aside, I've never voted straight ticket so I just go where the news is.

Wynternight:
It is, at this moment, impossible to separate LGBT issues from politics. I'm not going to write articles about the gown Caitlyn Jenner wore to the ESPYs. I'm going to write about things that affect the whole community.

Also: these are not "hit pieces." Hit pieces open us to defamation claims. There are factual stories which can be easily verified.

The moment I see "libtard" or something similar being said anywhere on this forum I will shut that person down so fast they won't know what happened.

I'll keep this topic open for civil discourse but the moment it gets ugly or someone steps over the line it will be shut down.

Jill F:

--- Quote from: Wynternight on July 22, 2015, 05:12:26 pm ---The moment I see "libtard" or something similar being said anywhere on this forum I will shut that person down so fast they won't know what happened.

--- End quote ---

I have to concur.  That is offensive on so many levels and has zero place here, or quite frankly, anywhere.

Marlee:
as long as you'll hold the same for name-calling coming from the far left. It's much more likely to occur as it has before.
The real problem is with the slanted media. They won't even do an article on support for LGBT if it comes from a conservative. See Greg Gutfeld, Eric Bolling and Kathryn Lehman to name a few.

ohh wait! maybe you can't see what they say unless you dig the net deeply...point made.

Wynternight:

--- Quote from: Marlee on July 22, 2015, 06:18:08 pm ---as long as you'll hold the same for name-calling coming from the far left. It's much more likely to occur as it has before.
The real problem is with the slanted media. They won't even do an article on support for LGBT if it comes from a conservative. See Greg Gutfeld, Eric Bolling and Kathryn Lehman to name a few.

ohh wait! maybe you can't see what they say unless you dig the net deeply...point made.

--- End quote ---

One: you're accusing me of bias which I don't appreciate and two: you're being very sarcastic and disrespectful which I don't appreciate.

You've made no point here with me save that you have no wish to engage in civil discourse. I already said name calling would not be tolerated so you should have been able to infer that meant from any side of the discussion. If I need to be very specific I shall do so:

Name calling of any kind shall not be tolerated. Point made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version