General Discussions > Education

Anybody gone to trade school / community college AFTER a Bachelor's?

<< < (3/3)

fairview:
Bs in Education when I was 22. 3 years ago at 54 I finished cosmetology school and got my license. In a few days I will finish at barber school at 57. Degrees are good, trades can be fun. I only have one regret, had I done this 40 years ago I would have been a lot happier.

Laura_7:

--- Quote from: fairview on September 09, 2015, 11:19:32 am --- I only have one regret, had I done this 40 years ago I would have been a lot happier.

--- End quote ---
It were different times then, and a completely different sentiment.
Much has changed only the last few years.
I'd say enjoy what is now and look forwards.

hugs

DawnOday:
A trade school will teach you to work. A four year school will teach you how to avoid work and supervise others that do work.  Yes I've done it. Just make sure your not training for a dying industry or profession. When you get to work ask questions of everybody, everyone knows something you don't. My greatest source of information was always the people actually doing the work. The suits only had theory's that often did not pan out.

DawnOday:
I highly recommend looking into the MIT online gender study courses. These are undergraduate courses and are FREE.
They are courses taught in the classroom converted to the internet. Did I say, IT"S FREE.
You can't get a degree but you can get a certification if you are so inclined.

I am including the web address. http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/find-by-topic/#cat=society&subcat=genderstudies

I only recommend this site because MIT and 50 other major colleges like Stanford, Harvard have contributed courses. Wow just those three colleges should entice you. Did I say they were FREE.

Dana if this doesn't pass muster as I referenced a website Please make the necessary adjustment. Thanks Dawn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version